Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem with iframes

Problem with iframes

Ashish

Hi All,
I have a main page that contains an iframe. Depending upon tab control
selection, I load several different aspx pages (from the same app) to the
iframe. My parent sets data in the session variable. The page in the iframe
is unable to access the session object (shows null). My guess is that the
dll is loaded twice as asp.net loads another instance of dll in the iframe.
Interestingly in another scenerio I am playing with modal dialogs and set
data in session object and upon closing modal dialog my parent ie window
gets the data. I load the page in the modal dialog via javascript. In this
case why doesnt asp.net load another instance of dll ? Any way to get around
the iframe problem?
Thanks
Ashish

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Pages in IFrame in the same app? If the IFrame pages come from another app,
you will not share session unless you have the keys set identically and, if
using forms auth, have the same forms auth cookie name. Best to put the ASPX
pages in the same app.

Is the IFrame on page1 of the app? The firing of events may be the problem.
As a cheap way of setting this, you can have the first page create any
session objects and redirect to the IFRAME holding page.

One more question? The page in the IFRAME is ASPX, is the page outside of
the IFRAME ASP or ASPX? If ASP, they have different sessions. There is an
article on MSDN.microsoft.com that tells how to share session in ASP and
ASPX:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...rttoaspnet.asp

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"Ashish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uGNtcBQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> I have a main page that contains an iframe. Depending upon tab control
> selection, I load several different aspx pages (from the same app) to the
> iframe. My parent sets data in the session variable. The page in the

iframe
> is unable to access the session object (shows null). My guess is that the
> dll is loaded twice as asp.net loads another instance of dll in the

iframe.
> Interestingly in another scenerio I am playing with modal dialogs and set
> data in session object and upon closing modal dialog my parent ie window
> gets the data. I load the page in the modal dialog via javascript. In this
> case why doesnt asp.net load another instance of dll ? Any way to get

around
> the iframe problem?
> Thanks
> Ashish

Ashish

Hi Gregory,
I think I didnt make myself much clear. The problem is:

1. I have one ASP.NET application (no classic asp) and it has a main page
(i.e. kinda SDI main window)
that contains an IFrame.

2. I load different ASPX pages (that belong to the same ASP.NET project) in
that iframe.

3. The session variables are set by my business objects (again belong to the
same project).

4. The page that loads in the iframe tries to access the session object but
finds it null !!!

Thanks
Ashish

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:OuLrVtT$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pages in IFrame in the same app? If the IFrame pages come from another

app,
> you will not share session unless you have the keys set identically and,

if
> using forms auth, have the same forms auth cookie name. Best to put the

ASPX
> pages in the same app.
>
> Is the IFrame on page1 of the app? The firing of events may be the

problem.
> As a cheap way of setting this, you can have the first page create any
> session objects and redirect to the IFRAME holding page.
>
> One more question? The page in the IFRAME is ASPX, is the page outside of
> the IFRAME ASP or ASPX? If ASP, they have different sessions. There is an
> article on MSDN.microsoft.com that tells how to share session in ASP and
> ASPX:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...rttoaspnet.asp
>
> --
> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
>
> ************************************************** ********************
> Think Outside the Box!
> ************************************************** ********************
> "Ashish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uGNtcBQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All,
> > I have a main page that contains an iframe. Depending upon tab control
> > selection, I load several different aspx pages (from the same app) to

the
> > iframe. My parent sets data in the session variable. The page in the

> iframe
> > is unable to access the session object (shows null). My guess is that

the
> > dll is loaded twice as asp.net loads another instance of dll in the

> iframe.
> > Interestingly in another scenerio I am playing with modal dialogs and

set
> > data in session object and upon closing modal dialog my parent ie window
> > gets the data. I load the page in the modal dialog via javascript. In

this
> > case why doesnt asp.net load another instance of dll ? Any way to get

> around
> > the iframe problem?
> > Thanks
> > Ashish

when multiple iframes, problem with IE progress bar display =?Utf-8?B?T2xlZw==?= ASP .Net 8 08-24-2007 10:15 AM
Problem communicating iframes Diego F. ASP .Net 0 06-15-2005 07:33 AM
refreshing iframes causes problem Jarrod HTML 14 08-09-2004 10:05 AM
problem with iframes Ashish ASP .Net 8 02-27-2004 09:17 PM
Does XP have a problem with iFrames? Onson HTML 12 12-29-2003 08:34 AM

Advertisments