Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Flicker when using big background images in non Firefox browser

Re: Flicker when using big background images in non Firefox browser

richard

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:22:43 +0100, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I am asked by a friend to look into flicker on his site. The problem
> is that when using a browser other as Firefox you first get a blue
> background and after this the background image (which almost fills the
> complete window) is displayed. Firefox does display immediately the
> background without first displaying the blue background. Is there a
> way to get this also working in the other browsers? Immediately
> displaying the background image, without first displaying the
> background color?

take a look at the source code. If he's using <ul> he may not have the tags
properly closed.
I had this issue when I using a <ul> thing. Once I found I had a missing
tag, no more flickering.

http://validator.w3.org/

This is your next stop. Fix any and all errors.