Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Trojan got through to JUST IE and not FireFox

Re: Trojan got through to JUST IE and not FireFox

Mike Easter

Lookout wrote:

> things down, tried do get updates for SuperAntiSpyware and that was
> blocked. Scanned with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware and found
> nothing.

You didn't say anything about any AV program.

Some popular AVs are Avast, Avira, MSE. You could use this site's
approach http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html Virus and Malware Removal

--
Mike Easter

VanguardLH

NOTE: Simplified the attributions to make it much clearer who said what.

Lookout wrote:

> Muse Gruppes wrote:
>
>> Lookout wrote:

>>> AVG did not show anything when it hit.

>> AVG isn't the best choice for a free A/V (from all the studies I've
>> read)

> This WASN'T a virus so no matter which one I used isn't part of the
> problem.

It's probably been over a decade since anti-virus programs only detect
viruses. They detect rootkits, trojans, spyware, PUPs (probably
unwanted programs), and many processes classified generically as
malware. And they even detect viruses. For some reason, AV vendors
have resisted using anti-malware in their product name rather than the
old anti-virus label. However, some also include features regarding
privacy protection. The naming is vague because it is overly
simplistic.

Layered protection is always best. Sounds like you do that by using
both AVG and MalwareBytes.

Bucky Breeder

Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)> made up this unsolvable riddle:

> This WASN'T a virus so no matter which one I used
> isn't part of the problem.

You ARE the problem, you pathetic dumbass!
And... there is NO cure.

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; in loving touch with my
"inner narcissist" and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.