Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New Intel chip to include DRM

New Intel chip to include DRM

G. Morgan

Say goodbye to your anonymity. Soon *all* PC's will have TPM
chips and now this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0214129820110103

This basically means your ISP or government will have the ability
to shut you down based on your hardware profile.

RickMerrill

G. Morgan wrote:

> Say goodbye to your anonymity. Soon *all* PC's will have TPM
> chips and now this:
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0214129820110103
>
> This basically means your ISP or government will have the ability
> to shut you down based on your hardware profile.

If you use HDMI bus/cables it is already IN there!

G. Morgan

RickMerrill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>>
>> Say goodbye to your anonymity. Soon *all* PC's will have TPM
>> chips and now this:
>>
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0214129820110103
>>
>> This basically means your ISP or government will have the ability
>> to shut you down based on your hardware profile.
>>

>If you use HDMI bus/cables it is already IN there!

Yeah but HDCP and the "Sandy Bridge' chip are totally different
animals.

Just imagine when ISP's require a TPM chip before you're allowed
to become a node on the 'net. That to me is more scary than DRM.