Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Apple service provider Systemgraph sues after customer complaint

Apple service provider Systemgraph sues after customer complaint

Matty F

I'm waiting to see how long Systemgraph remain an authorised Apple
reseller / service provider.
These days, one stupid decision by a company might put them out of
business.
Let this be a lesson to other companies.

http://www.examiner.com/technology-i...omer-complaint

peterwn

On Jan 3, 1:54*pm, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm waiting to see how long Systemgraph remain an authorised Apple
> reseller / service provider.
> These days, one stupid decision by a company might put them out of
> business.
> Let this be a lesson to other companies.
>
> http://www.examiner.com/technology-i...ed-apple-resel...

Interesting, Someone I know had their TelstraClear phone (in
Wellington and he has triple service - phone, cable TV and cable
broadband) go on the blink last week and has been told he has to wait
until 13 January for someone to come round and fix it. Wonder if
TelstraClear will try and sue me for posting this - watch this space.

Matty F

On Jan 3, 3:16 pm, peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 1:54 pm, Matty F <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I'm waiting to see how long Systemgraph remain an authorised Apple
> > reseller / service provider.
> > These days, one stupid decision by a company might put them out of
> > business.
> > Let this be a lesson to other companies.

> >http://www.examiner.com/technology-i...ed-apple-resel...

> Interesting, Someone I know had their TelstraClear phone (in
> Wellington and he has triple service - phone, cable TV and cable
> broadband) go on the blink last week and has been told he has to wait
> until 13 January for someone to come round and fix it. Wonder if
> TelstraClear will try and sue me for posting this - watch this space.

When my brother was with TelstraClear he got a "dialler" on his
machine, possibly by his grand-daughter clicking oin the wrong thing.
The dialler called a Pacific Island 0900 number for a long time.
I discovered that the 0900 number was a well-known scam that
TelstraClear should have known about, and of course TelstraClear were
taking their cut of the money.
When my brother complained about the charges he was initially refused
a refund from TelstraClear. After I got involved TelstraClear decided
to refund the charges.
However every time TelstraClear phone me wanting me to use their
services I remind them of this dialler scam. The sales person always
denies any knowledge of the dialler scam.

TelstraClear you suck. Please sue me so that your business can go down
the gurgler. If any reader works for TelstraClear please tell your
boss about this.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)

>>> Boycotting companies is a powerful free market approach to regulate
>>> behaviour, especially when done on a mass scale.

>> Boycotting is emphatically NOT a "free market approach" to anything. It is
>> a political campaign that must be organized, as you correctly note, "on a
>> mass scale" in order to have any effect. Individuals can accomplish
>> nothing by themselves. Their choices in the marketplace are entirely
>> random, intentionally disorganized, and therefore meaningless. Boycotts
>> are the antithesis of free market behaviour in just that sense.

>I disagree. "Free market" implies freedom of cooperation without compulsory
>regulation. That's exactly what a boycott is: people organising themselves
>and freely deciding to avoid a particular company for whatever reason. It's
>very much "free market".

Note in case you didn't see - you are arguing with impossible. Suggest not
doing that.

To support your postion, one word ... Cadbury. No organisation necessary.

>If company behaviour is contrary to the interests of consumers then it will
>be auto corrected as those consumers take their money elsewhere. That's the
>natural and free way. It's regulation of a kind - the key is that it's not
>compulsory.

Sadly, people are stupid (and/or lazy ), so this doesn't work. Inertia is
often/usually more powerful than grumpiness IME.