Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Warehouse 32" TV

Warehouse 32" TV

Fred

William Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> peterwn wrote:

>>> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
>>> couple of years.
>>>
>>> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three
>>> years. On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple
>>> of years is deceptive conduct.

>> That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he
>> was told that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it
>> is correct, and the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive
>> at all. I suspect if they were not digital they'd be quitting them
>> at $100 odd. Digital Samsung 32 inch are going for $599. Normally
>> Transonic would be much cheaper anyway for a similar product.

> It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
> Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

I would ask the retailer. They will know or find out for you.

Kuee

On 3 Jan, 16:21, William Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >peterwn wrote:

> >> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
> >> couple of years.

> >> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
> >> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
> >> deceptive conduct.

> >That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
> >that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
> >the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
> >they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
> >32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
> >for a similar product.

> It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
> Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

Which old boss Gwegory, you had so many, and I can't think of any that
would want to even look at you anymore let alone speak to you and give
you info, or maybe that is it, they told you bullshit, knowing you
would tell others, and hoping you got a *******ing for talking **** lol

Kuee

On 3 Jan, 17:12, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> William Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he
> >> was told that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it
> >> is correct, and the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive
> >> at all. I suspect if they were not digital they'd be quitting them
> >> at $100 odd. Digital Samsung 32 inch are going for $599. Normally
> >> Transonic would be much cheaper anyway for a similar product.

> > It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
> > Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..

> I would ask the retailer. They will know or find out for you.

Gweg is talking thru a hole in his arse, none of his ex bosses would
even look twice at him, ask him why he got the boot from every job so
quickly, especially why he was sacked from the (then) local
polytechnic, he was a janitor, helps with the search engines lol

Richard

On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:

> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

So?

Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
just want to play DVD's on it.

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>

>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>So?
>
>Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
>live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
>just want to play DVD's on it.

So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
so would be deceitful.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>>

>>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not
>>> fitted with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>> So?
>>
>> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if
>> you live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat,
>> if you just want to play DVD's on it.
>>

> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
> so would be deceitful.

What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

William Brown

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:30:08 +1300, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>>

>>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>>So?
>>
>>Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
>>live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
>>just want to play DVD's on it.
>>

>So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
>have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
>understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
>so would be deceitful.

Well I asked only has a Analog Tuner..

What I call is a Big Con

Richard

On 4/01/2011 7:30 p.m., Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:56:45 +1300, Richard<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 3/01/2011 1:30 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>>

>>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>> So?
>>
>> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if you
>> live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat, if you
>> just want to play DVD's on it.
>>

> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
> so would be deceitful.

No, customer should know what they are buying, not up to the stores to
tell people about things.

Do you expect car yards to tell people that fuel might go up so much
they cant afford to run it anymore? Or hair dryer vendors to tell people
they might go bald? Same thing. You buy it based on feature list. If it
doesnt say digital tuner then you dont get one.

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:16:55 +1300, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

>>> So?
>>>
>>> Noe everyone needs a digital tuner in the tv, if you have sky,. if
>>> you live in the middle of nowhere and have to use crap freeview sat,
>>> if you just want to play DVD's on it.
>>>

>> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
>> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
>> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
>> so would be deceitful.

>What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
>unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
>more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
>long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?

"these days" equates exactly to the inexact term "now-ish".
Fortunately, the switch-off will result in the loss of nothing of any
consequence to anybody. Feeling better now?

Richard

On 4/01/2011 10:35 p.m., Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:16:55 +1300, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

>>> So - Any store selling a new TV these days in NZ, and which does NOT
>>> have an onboard Freeview tuner needs to ensure the customer
>>> understands the ramifications and limitations of said box. Not to do
>>> so would be deceitful.

>> What do you mean by "these days"? When I bought my Samsung 32" LCD I was
>> unaware of the impending shut-down of analog TV stations and I bought a lot
>> more expensive item than I could have as I planned for it to last me a good
>> long while. Likewise my HDD recorder. When did "these days" start IYO?

> "these days" equates exactly to the inexact term "now-ish".
> Fortunately, the switch-off will result in the loss of nothing of any
> consequence to anybody. Feeling better now?

I still dont get the rush to switch off the analog VHF since that is not
where the new stuff is going. They could leave it going for ages and get
all the UHF digital built out first IMO. Let analog die on its own with
lack of content and that horrid partial letterbox.

The nicam sound on analog is vastly better than what is on HD tho. No
idea how 64kbit audio got selected as the standard for a HD service.