Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > ORMs for applications written in C

ORMs for applications written in C

gvk

Hi.
I am posting this before actually Googling (shall do that in a while).

Do we have ORMs (object relational mappers) for applications written in C/C++ ?

I have a python web development background and there we have mostly used SQLAlchemy / Django.

What we want to achieve is simply summarized as :

Provide a Database abstraction so that one single coded C application can interface with a variety of production level databases (mostly MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL)

Thank you in advance

Malcolm McLean

On Jan 2, 9:52*pm, gvk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What we want to achieve is simply summarized as :
>
> Provide a Database abstraction so that one single coded C application can interface with a variety of production level databases (mostly MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL)

That's conceptually quite easy.

SQL is already an interface to databases. However there are several
varieties around.

So you need to define a thin layer over the top of it. Mostly the thin
layer will just pass identical parameters to an SQL function, but you
might need to take some functionality out. To target a different
dialect of SQL, or an non-SQL database interface, rewrite the layer.