Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > EML files

EML files

Queenie

Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help will be much appreciated.

Bert Hyman

In news:4d1f7efa$0$20160$(E-Mail Removed) "Queenie"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
> http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=#000080 size=

What?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Mike Easter

Queenie wrote:

> Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it?
> Help will be much appreciated.

In MS's world, an .eml file is a plaintext file of an email which should
open with with your OE. It will also open with Notepad.

If your file associations are messed up and an .eml file doesn't open
with OE, then you should R click it and use the Open with function to
select Outlook Express and also check always use this application to
open this file type.

You should also not post messages to newsgroups in html with your OE,
but instead you should use plaintext.

That is configured in OE/ Tools/ Options/ Send tab/ News Sending Format/
check Plain Text instead of HTML.

If you receive an .eml attachment in an email, you should be able to
open it using your OE by double clicking it.

--
Mike Easter

Patrick

"Queenie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d1f7efa$0$20160$(E-Mail Removed)...
Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help
will be much appreciated.

An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by 'Outlook
Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an email (or
newsgroup) message.

Mike Easter

Patrick wrote:

> An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by 'Outlook
> Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an email (or
> newsgroup) message.

OE saves email as .eml and it saves news messages as .nws.

Tbird saves both email and news messages as .eml.

--
Mike Easter

Queenie

thank you so much.

Mike Easter wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>
>> An *.eml is an email message, produced/read as far as I know by
>> 'Outlook Express' etc. It is produced from said OE if you 'Save' an
>> email (or newsgroup) message.

> OE saves email as .eml and it saves news messages as .nws.

Quite so; my mistake, thanks Mike for your salvation and my apologies to OP

> Tbird saves both email and news messages as .eml.

richard

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 14:22:53 -0500, Queenie wrote:

> Does anyone know what an 'eml' file is and what program will open it? Help will be much appreciated.

When posting messages to usenet, please set your OE to post in plain text
only.
Many news client do not how to handle "RTF" or HTML messages.

http://www.howtoanswer.com/answers/c...pen-eml-files/

For a lesson on how to associate eml files with OE, use the method
described at this site.

Mike Easter

Queenie wrote:
> thank you so much.

YW yourewelcome, but...

....you still have duties to use your OE to post to usenet newsgroups
with proper netiquette.

-1- you are 'top posting' your reply. That does not work for having a
conversation, for which you need to trim and post in context in a
conversational style illustrated here
http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml Q7: Why shouldn't I put my
comments above the quoted material?

-2- you are still posting in HTML instead of plaintext. That is not
satisfactory in almost all newsgroups
http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nhtml.shtml HTML-formatted postings are not
welcome in newsgroups.

Your mailnews agent puts your cursor at the top of your reply message
for two reasons.

-1- MS caters to a corporate world in which textover fullquote under top
posting is a requirement for some corporate email, but usenet
newsmessage posting is *not* corporate email and

-2- the cursor at the top of the reply message is the place to begin
doing all of the trimming which you are supposed to do before you start
typing.

--
Mike Easter

MyNews

eBook Markup Language, a markup language for dynamic eBooks
Election Markup Language, a standard for structured interchange of election
data
Emiliano-Romagnolo, a language that has ISO code EML
Emotion Markup Language, a general purpose language
E-mail, and the file name extension .eml

Extended ML, a specification language
Extensible ML, a programming language

news:CoLTo.10317$(E-Mail Removed)2...

--
http://mynews.ath.cx

EML Files Validation, Enhanced EML to MHT Conversion & Date Parsing sherazam Java 0 02-23-2012 11:38 AM
Fax .eml files????? ASP .Net 1 07-13-2004 10:28 PM
parsing .eml files rpyndaATfeith.com Java 2 02-02-2004 07:31 PM
Re: What program opens .eml files. Please... slumpy Computer Support 0 08-10-2003 11:07 AM
What opens dot eml files? Jim McLaughlin Computer Support 3 07-26-2003 08:47 PM

Advertisments