Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Icons Turned Into Generic Pix After Installing New Google Earth Vers.

Icons Turned Into Generic Pix After Installing New Google Earth Vers.

Bob

Hello,

Using W7.

Just updated to the latest version of Google Earth, and it
automatically, without asking, also installed the Google Chrome Browser.

I have been using Firefox for my Default Browser, and want to keep it.

Anyway, I uninstalled Google Chrome.

All my desktop icons are still there, but now they are all the generic
picture icons.

How do I get back the individual icons pix again, please ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob

Forgot to add: The desktop shortcut icons no longer work, either.

Bob
-----------------------

On 1/1/2011 12:03 PM, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using W7.
>
> Just updated to the latest version of Google Earth, and it
> automatically, without asking, also installed the Google Chrome Browser.
>
> I have been using Firefox for my Default Browser, and want to keep it.
>
> Anyway, I uninstalled Google Chrome.
>
> All my desktop icons are still there, but now they are all the generic
> picture icons.
>
> How do I get back the individual icons pix again, please ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bob wrote:

> Forgot to add:

Stop changing the Subject Line. It breaks threading in some newsreaders
and/or sorting setups. You do *not* need to add "From Bob" in your
replies. Everyone can see it's you by looking at the "From:" field.

--
-bts

Patrick

Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using W7.
>
> Just updated to the latest version of Google Earth, and it
> automatically, without asking, also installed the Google Chrome
> Browser.
> I have been using Firefox for my Default Browser, and want to keep it.
>
> Anyway, I uninstalled Google Chrome.
>
> All my desktop icons are still there, but now they are all the generic
> picture icons.
>
> How do I get back the individual icons pix again, please ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

At this download page;

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/e.../ge/agree.html

There are two 'TickBoxs' allready ticked.
One is 'Include Google Chrome..
The Other is 'Make Google Chrome my default browser.'

You perhaps neglected to *untick* the first !

As to the damage done, perhaps try a 'System Restore'

Bob

Hi Guys,

As always, much thanks for help.

Re-setting Firefox as my Default-Browser made everything "normal" again.

Bob