Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > It's a New Year THING!

It's a New Year THING!

gangle

To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.

Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.

You can watch the file on your computer with most
software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
many others.)

THING download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO

(If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...o/VCDEasy.html)

Happy New Year, and, as usual,
**** You.

--
Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

Mr Pounder

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d1f4c8b$0$12991$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed) eb.com...
> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
>
> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
>
> You can watch the file on your computer with most
> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
> many others.)
>
> THING download link:
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
>
> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...o/VCDEasy.html)
>
> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
> **** You.
>

> --
> Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
> After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
Was it called The Thing From Another World?
"Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.
The remake was quite good.

Mr Pounder

gangle

"Mr Pounder" wrote

> "gangle" wrote
>> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
>> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
>> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
>> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
>>
>> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
>> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
>> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
>>
>> You can watch the file on your computer with most
>> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
>> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
>> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
>> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
>> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
>> many others.)
>>
>> THING download link:
>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
>>
>> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
>> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
>> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...o/VCDEasy.html)
>>
>> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
>> **** You.

> Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
> Was it called The Thing From Another World?

Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
to as THE THING.

> "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

"Keep watching the skies!"

> The remake was quite good.

Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
actually followed more closely the source material
(a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
up watching it again and again, and can recite much
of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
classic film.

--
"Eat knees, blup-blup, eat noses," said the little green
greemy with the pointy yellow teeth.

Tony

Must be nice to be able to throw that kind of bandwidth around. Here in
Canada home of the highest bandwidth costs in the entire world not a
single person would dream of doing such a thing, even a billionaire
wouldn't do it.

gangle wrote:

> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
>
> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
>
> You can watch the file on your computer with most
> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
> many others.)
>
> THING download link:
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
>
> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...o/VCDEasy.html)
>
> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
> **** You.
>
> --
> Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
> After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
day on the job for potty mouth,

beyond the realm of understandability

Mr Pounder

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4d1f5f46$0$4783$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed) b.com...
> "Mr Pounder" wrote
>>
>> "gangle" wrote
>>> To bring in 2011, jump back 60 years to 1951 when
>>> the science fiction classic, THE THING, was released.
>>> I have uploaded a VCD-compliant MPG version to
>>> Megaupload file sharing -- 690 MB.
>>>
>>> Don't let the B&W and the film's age put you off:
>>> this is an exciting, tense movie, with high-level writing and
>>> acting, renowned for it's unique overlapping dialogue.
>>>
>>> You can watch the file on your computer with most
>>> software players, or, to watch it on your TV, burn the
>>> the file onto a CD (DVD players "understand" and
>>> play VCDs) using the "VCD format" of your burning
>>> software -- NOT by doing a standard DATA burn; Nero
>>> and NTI burning softwares can do this, as well as
>>> many others.)
>>>
>>> THING download link:
>>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ND48TUGO
>>>
>>> (If your particular burning software cannot make a VCD,
>>> you can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy here:
>>> http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor...o/VCDEasy.html)
>>>
>>> Happy New Year, and, as usual,
>>> **** You.

>> Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
>> Was it called The Thing From Another World?

> Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
> to as THE THING.
>
>> "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

> "Keep watching the skies!"
>
>> The remake was quite good.

> Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
> actually followed more closely the source material
> (a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
> are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
> similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
> nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
> up watching it again and again, and can recite much
> of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
> version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
> while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
> classic film.
>
> --
> "Eat knees, blup-blup, eat noses," said the little green
> greemy with the pointy yellow teeth.

"Keep watching the skies", okay, I'll go with that.
I'm not going to watch it again, I've seen it several times.
When I was a kid living in Australia it scared the **** out of me.

Mr Pounder

gangle

"Mr Pounder" wrote
> "gangle" wrote
>> "Mr Pounder" wrote
>>>
>>> "gangle" wrote

>>> Me no click on link, but yes, it was a very good film.
>>> Was it called The Thing From Another World?

>> Yowzer, that's the "full" title, but it's mainly referred
>> to as THE THING.
>>
>>> "Watch the sky" ---- right at the end.

>> "Keep watching the skies!"
>>
>>> The remake was quite good.

>> Yes, John Carpentar made a terrific 80s version, which
>> actually followed more closely the source material
>> (a short story called "Who Goes There?"). Both films
>> are fun to watch, each offering a different take on a
>> similar theme. I like both, and own both, but have a
>> nostalgic preference for the 1951 version, as I grew
>> up watching it again and again, and can recite much
>> of the dialogue. Do yourself a favor -- watch the 1951
>> version again -- it sounds like you haven't seen it in a
>> while -- you'll be glad you revisted it, as it's truly a
>> classic film.

> "Keep watching the skies", okay, I'll go with that.
> I'm not going to watch it again, I've seen it several times.
> When I was a kid living in Australia it scared the **** out of me.

Yeah, that sounds about right.