Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My second Nikon D100 IR conversion

My second Nikon D100 IR conversion

RichA

I converted one about 2 years ago but sold it. I regretted doing that
so I picked up another body and just converted it. I also got my
hands on some quartz lenses which could be useful to do UV if I ever
get a filter for it. No internal IR filter or glass cover was used to
replace the AA/IR filter. This will supposedly cause issues with
focus but most IR shots are taken in summer, on sunny days with wide
angle lenses set at f8 so focus doesn't come into play much. Oddly, I
did focus testing on the last one and the normal focus for visible
light was the same as the IR focus point.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/niko..._ir_conversion