Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: TSA's warning to the sheeple

Re: TSA's warning to the sheeple

richard

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:

> Heres what your TSA overlords will do to you if you write stuff on your chest...
>
> A Charlottesville man who stripped down to his underwear at Richmond
> International Airport to protest security-screening procedures was
> charged with disorderly conduct Thursday, airport police said.
> Airport police identified him as Aaron B. Tobey, 21. He told police he was a
> student at the University of Cincinnati. The incident occurred at 2:17
> p.m. at Checkpoint B, the busier of the airport's two checkpoints, said airport
> spokesman Troy M. Bell.
> Bell said police reported that when they arrived at the checkpoint, they found
> Tobey, "absent of pants and shirt in full public view, exposing
> language regarding the Fourth Amendment written on his chest and abdomen with
> marker or crayon."
> The message read, "Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure against
> unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated," Bell
> said.
> Many air travelers are upset by tough new, anti-terrorism screening procedures
> in which they must choose between full-body scans by detectors
> or pat-down searches.
> http://www2.timesdispatch.com/member...ntent=ar744888

Good. The guy should now plead not guilty and request a jury trial.
Make the county pay out the ass for the outrage.
Not to mention having the county provide him with a lawyer.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:39:45 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:21 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> Heres what your TSA overlords will do to you if you write stuff on your
>> chest...
>>
>> A Charlottesville man who stripped down to his underwear at Richmond
>> International Airport to protest security-screening procedures was
>> charged with disorderly conduct Thursday, airport police said. Airport
>> police identified him as Aaron B. Tobey, 21. He told police he was a
>> student at the University of Cincinnati. The incident occurred at 2:17
>> p.m. at Checkpoint B, the busier of the airport's two checkpoints, said
>> airport spokesman Troy M. Bell.
>> Bell said police reported that when they arrived at the checkpoint,
>> they found Tobey, "absent of pants and shirt in full public view,
>> exposing language regarding the Fourth Amendment written on his chest
>> and abdomen with marker or crayon."
>> The message read, "Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure
>> against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated," Bell
>> said.
>> Many air travelers are upset by tough new, anti-terrorism screening
>> procedures in which they must choose between full-body scans by
>> detectors or pat-down searches.
>> http://www2.timesdispatch.com/member...e-this/print/?

content=ar744888

> Good. The guy should now plead not guilty and request a jury trial. Make
> the county pay out the ass for the outrage. Not to mention having the
> county provide him with a lawyer.

One can only hope that one day the two of your are flying on the same
767 at flight level 390 when an un-searched towel head sets off a couple
ounces of PETN next to you.

NotMe

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:39:45 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>>
>>> Heres what your TSA overlords will do to you if you write stuff on your
>>> chest...
>>>
>>> A Charlottesville man who stripped down to his underwear at Richmond
>>> International Airport to protest security-screening procedures was
>>> charged with disorderly conduct Thursday, airport police said. Airport
>>> police identified him as Aaron B. Tobey, 21. He told police he was a
>>> student at the University of Cincinnati. The incident occurred at 2:17
>>> p.m. at Checkpoint B, the busier of the airport's two checkpoints, said
>>> airport spokesman Troy M. Bell.
>>> Bell said police reported that when they arrived at the checkpoint,
>>> they found Tobey, "absent of pants and shirt in full public view,
>>> exposing language regarding the Fourth Amendment written on his chest
>>> and abdomen with marker or crayon."
>>> The message read, "Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure
>>> against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated," Bell
>>> said.
>>> Many air travelers are upset by tough new, anti-terrorism screening
>>> procedures in which they must choose between full-body scans by
>>> detectors or pat-down searches.
>>> http://www2.timesdispatch.com/member...e-this/print/?

> content=ar744888
>>
>> Good. The guy should now plead not guilty and request a jury trial. Make
>> the county pay out the ass for the outrage. Not to mention having the
>> county provide him with a lawyer.

> One can only hope that one day the two of your are flying on the same
> 767 at flight level 390 when an un-searched towel head sets off a couple
> ounces of PETN next to you.

Real world the TSA protocols DO NOT improve either safety or security. Most
qualified engineers (you know folk like Ben Laden) or a really sharp high
school AP science/chemistry student could go through the TSA process buck
naked and still bring down an airliner. And no I won't go into the details
of how it can be accomplished as there are ample quotes from security
experts who are not associated with the TSA or the US government that it
*can* be done.

I'm waiting for the ACLU to get their hands on this one.

Buffalo

nhwf wrote:
[snip]
> I think at some point somwon with the financial resources and
> willpower will indeed take this matter all the way to the Supreme
> Court and if we're lucky, things will change to restore our lost
> civil liberties. ^_^

The ones you personally fought and sacrificed so much for??
Buffalo

Disbelief

richard wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>
>> Heres what your TSA overlords will do to you if you write stuff on
>> your chest...
>>
>> A Charlottesville man who stripped down to his underwear at Richmond
>> International Airport to protest security-screening procedures was
>> charged with disorderly conduct Thursday, airport police said.
>> Airport police identified him as Aaron B. Tobey, 21. He told police
>> he was a student at the University of Cincinnati. The incident
>> occurred at 2:17
>> p.m. at Checkpoint B, the busier of the airport's two checkpoints,
>> said airport spokesman Troy M. Bell.
>> Bell said police reported that when they arrived at the checkpoint,
>> they found Tobey, "absent of pants and shirt in full public view,
>> exposing
>> language regarding the Fourth Amendment written on his chest and
>> abdomen with marker or crayon."
>> The message read, "Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure
>> against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated,"
>> Bell
>> said.
>> Many air travelers are upset by tough new, anti-terrorism screening
>> procedures in which they must choose between full-body scans by
>> detectors
>> or pat-down searches.
>> http://www2.timesdispatch.com/member...ntent=ar744888

> Good. The guy should now plead not guilty and request a jury trial.
> Make the county pay out the ass for the outrage.
> Not to mention having the county provide him with a lawyer.

Now you Yanks know what the rest of the world has to go through to fly to
that paranoid, overfed horse-**** of a country of yours - and a bit extra.

Before any passenger leaves for the land of the horse-****, airlines have to
send the personal details of all those on board, how they paid for their
tickets, financial details and a few extras - so stop bloody bitching and
just accept it *OR* better still, stay in that ****-hole of a country of
yours if you don't like the searches...

Cry babies!

NormanM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:57:17 -0000, Disbelief wrote:

> Before any passenger leaves for the land of the horse-****, airlines have to
> send the personal details of all those on board, how they paid for their
> tickets, financial details and a few extras - so stop bloody bitching and
> just accept it *OR* better still, stay in that ****-hole of a country of
> yours if you don't like the searches...

Funny thing is, I expect I could still board a Boeing 747 with weapon in
hand, as I did in 1986, and not have to be searched, probed, or anything
else like that.

Of course, it was a special charter flight ...

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

WeReo_BoY

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:39:45 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:10:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>>
>>> Heres what your TSA overlords will do to you if you write stuff on your
>>> chest...
>>>
>>> A Charlottesville man who stripped down to his underwear at Richmond
>>> International Airport to protest security-screening procedures was
>>> charged with disorderly conduct Thursday, airport police said. Airport
>>> police identified him as Aaron B. Tobey, 21. He told police he was a
>>> student at the University of Cincinnati. The incident occurred at 2:17
>>> p.m. at Checkpoint B, the busier of the airport's two checkpoints, said
>>> airport spokesman Troy M. Bell.
>>> Bell said police reported that when they arrived at the checkpoint,
>>> they found Tobey, "absent of pants and shirt in full public view,
>>> exposing language regarding the Fourth Amendment written on his chest
>>> and abdomen with marker or crayon."
>>> The message read, "Amendment 4: The right of the people to be secure
>>> against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated," Bell
>>> said.
>>> Many air travelers are upset by tough new, anti-terrorism screening
>>> procedures in which they must choose between full-body scans by
>>> detectors or pat-down searches.
>>> http://www2.timesdispatch.com/member...e-this/print/?

> content=ar744888
>>
>> Good. The guy should now plead not guilty and request a jury trial. Make
>> the county pay out the ass for the outrage. Not to mention having the
>> county provide him with a lawyer.

> One can only hope that one day the two of your are flying on the same
> 767 at flight level 390 when an un-searched towel head sets off a couple
> ounces of PETN next to you.

I would love to feel that wind gushing in my face WHooooooSHHHHH!!!!!