Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wireless memory cards: Work well?

Wireless memory cards: Work well?

me@privacy.net

One thing I love abt the Apple iPod Touch is the
ability to upload any pics taken via built in wireless

One thing I HATE abt the iPod Touc is that it is a
horrible camera!!

Having said that I see where there exist memory cards
for digital cameras that have wireless built into them.
How well do these cards work? It would make ANY camera
a "wireless" camera yes?

JimW

?

"Michael" wrote in message

I have the 8 gig EyeFi which also has built in geotagging. I have it in
my Nikon D5000 and it works well. There are a lot of ways to use it. I
use it by selecting the pictures to upload after I take them and
running them through my network at home. I save pictures usually as hi
res JPG and RAW. I have it upload the JPGs to iPhoto and the RAW to a
folder that is accessed by Aperture.

It is very flexible.

I don't know how much extra battery drain it causes. So far I don't
notice much but I haven't stressed it out.
--
Michael

Thanks for the information
Jim

me@privacy.net

"JimW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the 8 gig EyeFi which also has built in geotagging. I have it in
>my Nikon D5000 and it works well.

well it sounds like a definite option for me then!!

good to hear there is a wireless option !