Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Pity the Sheeple

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Pity the Sheeple

 
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2010
On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:19:21 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> Nicely analysed:
>
> The fascinating thing about conservatism is that many poor people
> subscribe to its principles thanks in large part to Fox News and talk
> radio, even though it calls for doing away with the safety net. This is
> crucial for forming a conservative utopia because the wealthy business
> interests who push for deregulation need the impoverished to provide
> (usually cheap and hard) labor and perform other menial tasks. While the
> poor would likely suffer the most at first, since freedom from
> government intrusion in the workplace guarantees the absence of
> minimum wage laws, sanitation requirements and unemployment benefits,
> ultimately the entire society would implode, since, as the sub-prime
> mortgage crisis proves, unfettered free markets concentrate most of the
> wealth in the hands of a few mega financial firms, which would destroy
> themselves by creating a massive boom-bust cycle, leaving everyone
> destitute.
> http://scholarlywritingreviewed.com/?p=486


Hmmmm:

"It would be fascinating to see how a society in which nearly everyone
owns a gun would settle disputes when the crisis hits".



--
Couldn't think of a sig. This'll have to do.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeeCee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
On 29/12/2010 12:54 p.m., Aardvark wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:19:21 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> Nicely analysed:
>>
>> The fascinating thing about conservatism is that many poor people


Snip

>
> Hmmmm:
>
> "It would be fascinating to see how a society in which nearly everyone
> owns a gun would settle disputes when the crisis hits".
>
>
>



To paraphrase the OP

Nicely analysed!

Paul.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jenn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
Aardvark wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:19:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>
>> Nicely analysed:
>>
>> The fascinating thing about conservatism is that many poor people
>> subscribe to its principles thanks in large part to Fox News and talk
>> radio, even though it calls for doing away with the safety net. This
>> is crucial for forming a conservative utopia because the wealthy
>> business interests who push for deregulation need the impoverished
>> to provide (usually cheap and hard) labor and perform other menial
>> tasks. While the poor would likely suffer the most at first, since
>> freedom from government intrusion in the workplace guarantees the
>> absence of minimum wage laws, sanitation requirements and
>> unemployment benefits, ultimately the entire society would implode,
>> since, as the sub-prime mortgage crisis proves, unfettered free
>> markets concentrate most of the wealth in the hands of a few mega
>> financial firms, which would destroy themselves by creating a
>> massive boom-bust cycle, leaving everyone destitute.
>> http://scholarlywritingreviewed.com/?p=486



> Hmmmm:
>
> "It would be fascinating to see how a society in which nearly everyone
> owns a gun would settle disputes when the crisis hits".


That's what is called a "Mexican Stand-off" ....... everyone is equal in
power, therefore, it will be much more difficult for the criminals to
overcome the rest who just want to live a good life, and provide for their
families.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)


 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<KMuSo.74448$(E-Mail Removed)2>:

>On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:19:21 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> Nicely analysed:
>>
>> The fascinating thing about conservatism is that many poor people
>> subscribe to its principles thanks in large part to Fox News and

talk
>> radio, even though it calls for doing away with the safety net. This

is
>> crucial for forming a conservative utopia because the wealthy

business
>> interests who push for deregulation need the impoverished to provide
>> (usually cheap and hard) labor and perform other menial tasks. While

the
>> poor would likely suffer the most at first, since freedom from
>> government intrusion in the workplace guarantees the absence of
>> minimum wage laws, sanitation requirements and unemployment

benefits,
>> ultimately the entire society would implode, since, as the sub-prime
>> mortgage crisis proves, unfettered free markets concentrate most of

the
>> wealth in the hands of a few mega financial firms, which would

destroy
>> themselves by creating a massive boom-bust cycle, leaving everyone
>> destitute.
>> http://scholarlywritingreviewed.com/?p=486

>
>Hmmmm:
>
>"It would be fascinating to see how a society in which nearly everyone
>owns a gun would settle disputes when the crisis hits".
>

at that point (imploding society) gubmint declares martial law and
gulags fill up. remember, gubmint has all the kewl toys for forcing
compliance. think military junta...

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
_____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
/ __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
_\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

 
Reply With Quote
 
SeaNymph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KMuSo.74448$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:19:21 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>
>> Nicely analysed:
>>
>> The fascinating thing about conservatism is that many poor people
>> subscribe to its principles thanks in large part to Fox News and talk
>> radio, even though it calls for doing away with the safety net. This is
>> crucial for forming a conservative utopia because the wealthy business
>> interests who push for deregulation need the impoverished to provide
>> (usually cheap and hard) labor and perform other menial tasks. While the
>> poor would likely suffer the most at first, since freedom from
>> government intrusion in the workplace guarantees the absence of
>> minimum wage laws, sanitation requirements and unemployment benefits,
>> ultimately the entire society would implode, since, as the sub-prime
>> mortgage crisis proves, unfettered free markets concentrate most of the
>> wealth in the hands of a few mega financial firms, which would destroy
>> themselves by creating a massive boom-bust cycle, leaving everyone
>> destitute.
>> http://scholarlywritingreviewed.com/?p=486

>
> Hmmmm:
>
> "It would be fascinating to see how a society in which nearly everyone
> owns a gun would settle disputes when the crisis hits".


This is a terrifically slanted piece, designed like so many are, to
denigrate conservatives by telling one side of the story, and telling it
poorly and inaccurately. It appears to have been written by yet another
person who cannot differientiate between news programs and talk shows. It
fails to mention who the "poor" historically vote for, that being democrats,
who favor huge government intervention and massive, taxpayer funded
entitlement programs. Conservatives are not opposed to unemployment
benefits, they simply believe that to continue extending the set time frames
for those benefits, spending has to be cut somewhere else. Democrats
support unions and support legislation that would remove the freedom of
choice and the privacy currently involved in workers' deciding whether or
not to join said unions.

As far as the housing market goes, it was democrats who refused to further
regulate Freddie and Fannie, Barney Frank and Chris Dodds specifically.

Just another skewed hit piece and certainly not very believable.

>
>
>
> --
> Couldn't think of a sig. This'll have to do.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eagle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
After serious thinking SeaNymph wrote :
> This is a terrifically slanted piece, designed like so many are, to denigrate
> conservatives by telling one side of the story, and telling it poorly and
> inaccurately


IAWTP

Liberals and socialists will always whine about the freedoms provided
by conservitism. "Let my government pay for my medical bills!" or "The
government will provide" being the socialists mantra.

--
Eagle
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter... don't mind...
And those that mind... don't matter..
In God We Trust


 
Reply With Quote
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
"SeaNymph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Conservatives are not opposed to unemployment
>benefits, they simply believe that to continue extending the set time frames
>for those benefits, spending has to be cut somewhere else.


How bout the Repubs set them to unemployment RATES?

As long as say rate above certain distinct levels the
bennies continue

Tell you what... the Repubs will NEVER do such a thing
cause in reality they do not want ANY unemployment
bennies!!

Just like their so called cut back on taxes. If they
were SERIOUS the Repubs would push for a consumption
tax and eliminate the IRS! Don't hold your breath!
 
Reply With Quote
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
"SeaNymph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Democrats
>support unions


You damn right they do!!!

And thank God for that!

You try working in a non union job where favoritism
among the office "elite" runs rampant!!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jenn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-29-2010
nhwf wrote:
> Eagle wrote:
>
>> Liberals and socialists will always whine about the freedoms provided
>> by conservitism.


> Personal freedom an liberty were erroded under
> Bush in the form of warrantless domestic spying, "free speech zones",
> and the NSA turning their attention on average Uhmurikins.


Our eroding personal freedoms are directly tied to crazies who took down the
Twin Towers, flew a plane into the Pentagon, and another plane into the
ground in Pennsylvania. In order to fight that kind of enemy we are forced
to be over-protective on our own sovereign soil.

How do you propose we protect this country from more terrorist attacks while
at the same time not stepping on any of our former freedoms? We still get
to travel, but we have to subject ourselves to body scanners, and get really
nitpicky about things like what size deodorant container we can bring onto
an airplane.

Do you believe that terrorists have stopped wanting to attack us here in the
US?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)


 
Reply With Quote
 
FromTheRafters
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-30-2010
Jenn wrote:
> We still get
> to travel, but we have to subject ourselves to body scanners, and get really
> nitpicky about things like what size deodorant container we can bring onto
> an airplane.


My mom and sis were discussing what to include in their carry-on
luggage, and my mom reminded her to bring some lip balm for her chapped
lips. I warned them to get that all sorted now, because it would not be
good to discuss it in the terminal.

Did you remember the balm?

I didn't pack the balm, I thought *you* packed the balm.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Pity the Sheeple Jenn Computer Support 41 01-01-2011 06:47 PM
Re: Pity the Sheeple Aardvark Computer Support 0 12-29-2010 10:34 PM
Re: Pity the Sheeple NormanM Computer Support 3 12-29-2010 06:43 PM
Re: Wake up, sheeple. John Holmes Computer Support 1 11-28-2010 05:09 PM
*POLL* How many sheeple believe in the 911 fairy tale and willing to accept an Orwellian doublespeak and enslavement world ? st911@rock.com Python 25 02-16-2007 01:02 PM



Advertisments