Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Reviews & How-To's > Review: Icemat 2nd Edition

Review: Icemat 2nd Edition

10-07-2005
Sunbeam make great stuff... I haven't had flaws in the quality of their gear, nothings ever broken for me.

10-07-2005
Dude, yer a walking billboard for Sunbeam, you get free stuff from them, of Of course you're gonna sing their praises. Lemmy hear it from some people with no vested interests. Or, send me some free stuff!

10-07-2005
I am serious man, if it were that sunbeam didn't care what i thought... then i would say the exact same thing.
There quality out performs other modding companies, i haven't used any ultra stuff, but thermaltake are pretty crap, Vantec are alright, nothing real special.
IMHO, i think sunbeam are very good, low prices and high quality. But the true reason i like sunbeam is because they actually listen. Roy, one of the PM's there takes my opionions in to consideration. But the whole team at sunbeam is real nice.. not only to me but other people too.

10-07-2005
...that Sunbeam makes great stuff for the money. The best quality devices comes from Cooler Master, in my opinion. I'm a walking banner for Cooler Master.

10-08-2005
Cooler Master Gear is good too, never had a problem with it. Aerogates were good, Cool drives....Chassis's i have a little Cooler like Al on my Skt A Computer atm. and it works like a charm

10-08-2005
You won't hear me singing the praises of Thermaltrash, that stuff is garbage. I've gotten burned twice with their junk.
But still, you know, you guys think I'm all for Razer stuff, I'm not, I bought one Razer mouse, but you guys definately do have a thing for Sunbeam products, you've gotta admit it. I can only say that when it comes to their stuff, I've used that little pyramid fan controller and that's it. Unless you count their household appliances. I may have owned a toaster or something they made once.

10-08-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modfather
You won't hear me singing the praises of Thermaltrash, that stuff is garbage. I've gotten burned twice with their junk.
But still, you know, you guys think I'm all for Razer stuff, I'm not, I bought one Razer mouse, but you guys definately do have a thing for Sunbeam products, you've gotta admit it. I can only say that when it comes to their stuff, I've used that little pyramid fan controller and that's it. Unless you count their household appliances. I may have owned a toaster or something they made once.
I'm pretty sure it's a different Sunbeam company. I think we used to have one of their toasters too. Or maybe it was a coffee maker.

10-09-2005
i have a sunbeam fan (actually 2 + the LED ones )
I think u have that thing for Razer that we have for sunbeam and coolermaster, what they make is good until proven ****.

10-09-2005
Un, dude, not even close, think about it. I own 7 Logitech mice (currently, not counting in the past) and I own 1 Razer (ever, period). So how does that equate to my having a thing for Razer? It doesn't. In fact, I haven't used the Razer for a few weeks now. It's all but useless for every day stuff, it's ONLY good for gaming. The ambidexterous design is terrible for surfing the web, those right side buttons get in the way and the back/forward buttons (side buttons) are laid out in a very bad way and require too much pressure to activate. Therefor, I use the MX1000 for almost everything. If I forget to charge it and need to stick it in the charger I switch off to the MX510 or MX710 or MX900. I only use the Razer if I'm playing UT2004. That's about all. If I get a chance to test drive the Copperhead and it improves on those faults then I'll speak up on that mouse.
What I'm really looking forward to is Logitech's next mouse, 2000DPI, cordless, rechargable, the best of both worlds in a mouse that'll feel perfect. Now that I'll put up to any mouse by any company.
If you wanna shoot me one of those Sunbeams to do a review on, I'll give it a serious and fair chance. I use a lot of mice and keyboards and love to try new ones but I seem to always go back to my Logitech mice and as for keyboards, whatever's handy usually. Right now I'm switching between the ZBoard and the Logitech DiNovo board.

10-09-2005
whoah take a chill pill man...
no Caps.. keep queit the room here is full
What i was trying to say if u like Razor stuff... thats all