Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > original xmln and xmlv sources

original xmln and xmlv sources

Tobias Blass

Hi
I just read on www.xml.com
(http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/15/feature/index.html)
about 2 programs called xmln and xmlv, which convert an XML file to an
easier-parsable PYX file. I googled for it but I didn't find any source
code ( probably because the article is from 2000 ). On sourceforge there
is only an C++ library called pyxie in planning stadium. Does anyone
have (or know where to get them) these sources?
PS: I found the Perl implementation, but it doesn't seem to be stable
and well functioning, since version number is 0.7

Manuel Collado

El 26/12/2010 18:16, Tobias Blass escribió:
> Hi
> I just read on www.xml.com
> (http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/15/feature/index.html)
> about 2 programs called xmln and xmlv, which convert an XML file to an
> easier-parsable PYX file. I googled for it but I didn't find any source
> code ( probably because the article is from 2000 ). On sourceforge there
> is only an C++ library called pyxie in planning stadium. Does anyone
> have (or know where to get them) these sources?

I have both (xmln.c, xmlv.c). Forgot where they were downloaded from (in
2005). Probably from the 'pyxie' site:

"The Pyxie Project
http://www.pyxie.org"

I'm sending them to you by private mail. Hope your given e-mail is valid.
--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado

Tobias Blass

my address is actually valid, but nothing arrived. Could you please
resend it? ( my address is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), check you had the right
one).

Peter Flynn

On 26/12/10 17:16, Tobias Blass wrote:
> Hi
> I just read on www.xml.com
> (http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/15/feature/index.html)
> about 2 programs called xmln and xmlv, which convert an XML file to an
> easier-parsable PYX file. I googled for it but I didn't find any source
> code ( probably because the article is from 2000 ). On sourceforge there
> is only an C++ library called pyxie in planning stadium. Does anyone
> have (or know where to get them) these sources?
> PS: I found the Perl implementation, but it doesn't seem to be stable
> and well functioning, since version number is 0.7

PYX is just a modified version of ESIS. See
http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/doc/UG/ch04s07.html

You can generate original ESIS with the onsgmls parser (part of the
OpenSP package), eg

$ onsgmls -wxml /usr/local/lib/sgml/xml.dec myfile.xml

There have been quite a few applications built on this kind of stream
parse, as ESIS can be handled very simply with the standard text tools
as well as scripting languages.

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/