Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Average Salary Report

Python Average Salary Report

czarina08

Hi there,

I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
to hear what are the hourly rates within your area Thanks!

Alice Bevan–McGregor

Howdy!

> I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
> Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
> does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
> to hear what are the hourly rates within your area Thanks!

I'm a strange case, but I like to charge my clients what my clients
charge theirs. It's only fair.

This, of course, results in my rates varying from between $25 and $125,
with a mean of ~$50/hr.

More often, though, fixed payment is arranged on a per-project basis
regardless of hours, which I understand to be a dangerous practice.
(Scope creep is my arch nemesis!

- Alice

Katie T

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM, czarina08 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
> Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
> does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
> to hear what are the hourly rates within your area Thanks!

Sector and location have a much bigger impact than language/platform
on salary (although obviously demand for different languages varies
by sector and location as well).

Katie
--
CoderStack
http://www.coderstack.co.uk/python-jobs

CCIEAdvisor.com CCNA Salary Report and Survey CCIEAdvisor Cisco 0 08-06-2011 04:40 AM
Average salary for a novice Java Programmer java_killer Java 4 05-09-2008 11:38 PM
Average salary for a novice Java Programmer java_killer Java 0 05-09-2008 06:51 AM
Juniper Salary Michael Cisco 3 10-19-2004 05:21 AM
Average Salary for an MCSA / MCSE / Network Administrator msnews.microsoft.com MCSA 5 02-03-2004 08:23 PM

Advertisments