Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Multiple list boxes

Multiple list boxes

richard

If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?

I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to
> have different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?

URL?

> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side
> of it.

Depends on the DOCTYPE, and other things. URL?

--
-bts

Jonathan N. Little

richard wrote:
> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
>
> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

hint:

http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jonathan N. Little

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

typo:

http://www.lmgtfy.com?q=html+form+control+array

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> richard wrote:
>> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
>> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
>>
>> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

> hint:
>
> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

Jonathan N. Little

richard wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> richard wrote:
>>> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
>>> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
>>>
>>> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

>> hint:
>>
>> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well. Except for my typo, id does answer
your question... yes.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:27:33 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
> > richard wrote:
> >> If one has several list boxes on the same page, do they all have to have
> >> different "names"? Or they can all be the same name?
> >>
> >> I ran that through the validator and had no problems with that side of it.

> > hint:
> >
> > http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

Now why was I expecting this! <g>

--
dorayme

richard

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:42:39 +1100, dorayme wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> hint:
>>>
>>> http://www.lmgtfy.com?g=html+form+control+array

>> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

> Now why was I expecting this! <g>

Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
searched through finding nothing or little of help.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>> richard the sto0pid wrote:
>>>
>>> Here, let me shove it up your ass for you.

>> Now why was I expecting this! <g>

> Because I hate frickin people who ASSUME that others are too damned
> ignorant to use a search engine. I ask h a question here AFTER I've
> searched through finding nothing or little of help.

Your endless gratitude toward frickin peo^W^W helpers is a legend.

Why didn't your original post include something like "..and I've Googled
but found no satisfactory answers." And instead of "shove it up your
ass", how about "Thanks for the info, though."

Your original question can be answered with another question and a tiny
bit of logic. "How will my server-side processing script be able to tell
the difference among list boxes if the result set all uses the same
name?"

--
-bts
-In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

Norman Peelman

#1 - If google were the answer to everything then we wouldn't need
newsgroups.
#2 - If email/newsreaders would automatically subscribe to alt.test when
the account is set up, and then inform the user to post test messages to
it, well we wouldn't be yelling at testers...
#3 - As far as i'm concerned, every group should have a FAQ. And
email/newsreaders should direct users to look for them when joining groups.

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062