Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cross posting

Cross posting

Desk Rabbit

On 22/12/2010 13:30, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While
>> posting using google groups, I often loose the context to the original
>> post. A solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g.
>> "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper
>> method to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are
>> related to the current discussion.

> But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.

FFS!

Mr Pounder

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q9nQo.46574$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:30:27 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>
>>> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While posting
>>> using google groups, I often loose the context to the original post. A
>>> solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g. "Cross
>>> posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper method
>>> to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are related to the
>>> current discussion.

>> But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.

> STOP CHANGING THE ****ING SUBJECT LINE.

HA! ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mike Easter

Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
Subject: Cross posting

Don't use googlegroups to read and post to usenet groups which this is.
Use a newsreader and a news server. Use GG only to read and post to
google-specific groups.

Don't leave the essential elements of your question out of the body of
your new message thread question. Your message body doesn't say anything
about cross posting. The subject is not part of the body.

> I wanted to know more about this. I guess this facility is being
> provided to use. If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
> considered. Please advice.

Don't cross post at all. Determine the one best group to post a message
and post it /only/ there. Do not reply cross post to groups that you do
not read. If you crosspost into groups you don't read, conversations
will develop in the groups you don't read about the message you posted
and you won't see those replies.

--
Mike Easter

Desk Rabbit

On 22/12/2010 13:17, Aardvark wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:
>
>> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>>> I wanted to know more about this.

>> Google is your friend
>>
>>> I guess this facility is being provided to use.

>> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>>
>>> If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
>>> considered. Please advice.

>> Google cross posting netequette

> Or even netiquette.

Indood

Desk Rabbit

On 22/12/2010 13:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> On Dec 22, 5:29 pm, Desk Rabbit<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to know more about this.

>> Google is your friend
>>
>>> I guess this facility is being provided to use.

>> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>>
>>> If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
>>> considered. Please advice.

>> Google cross posting netequette

> Thanks for the terms. Found the following links
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-posting

Good for you.

Desk Rabbit

On 22/12/2010 13:09, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> On Dec 22, 5:29 pm, Desk Rabbit<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to know more about this.

>> Google is your friend
>>
>>> I guess this facility is being provided to use.

>> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>>
>>> If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
>>> considered. Please advice.

>> Google cross posting netequette

> More links for references on cross posting
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
> http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.html
> http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

Good for you. Do you want a pat on the back or a jelly baby?

Bucky Breeder

gangle wrote:
> "Aardvark" wrote
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:

>>> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

>> The playground contradicts the directed language.
>> The inform justice errs on top of a fool.
>> The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
>> asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

> Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

Recover new protocols ranking formidably without those?

--

HTH. And may everyone have a safe and joyous holiday season!

(Papa John's Pizza peeples blow boogers and snot on the pies
and have a giggle party about it while you're servin' it up...
"Boogers" is NOT a "topping" and "free" don't make it "OK.")

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; in loving touch with my
"inner narcissist" and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
I register about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

Bucky Breeder

Aardvark inquireth thusly:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:51:04 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

>>> general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

>>> Huh?

>>> Huh?

>>> You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple
>>> of posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the
>>> second in your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for
>>> you to do that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily,
>>> either begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the
>>> first.
>>>
>>> Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.
>>>

>> I do not want to loose any of my discussions.

> I have no idea what you mean.
>
>> Which one is preferred?

> Which one of what is preferred?

Was there even a blonde girl with big, firm naturals?

--

HTH. And may everyone have a safe and joyous holiday season!

(Papa John's Pizza peeples blow boogers and snot on the pies
and have a giggle party about it while you're servin' it up...
"Boogers" is NOT a "topping" and "free" don't make it "OK.")

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; in loving touch with my
"inner narcissist" and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',
I register about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

I could help you with that... but...
I really just don't like you that much.

Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:17:46 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:
>
>> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>>> I wanted to know more about this.

>> Google is your friend
>>
>>>I guess this facility is being provided to use.

>> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>>
>>>If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
>>> considered. Please advice.

>> Google cross posting netequette

> Or even netiquette.

Or even nutiquette.

gangle

"The Old Sourdough" wrote in message
> gangle mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice
>>> errs
>>> on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
>>> asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

>> Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

> It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.

My scrotum bulges from the applesauce and the damn
greemies are crawling all over my face...aieeeeeeee!

--
Before attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/BeforeAT
After attack by Mrs. gangle: http://tinyurl.com/AfterAT

CROSS-POSTING, OR MULTI-POSTING, OR NEITHER? Colin D Digital Photography 56 03-08-2006 08:31 PM
cross-posting? Jos Laarhoven Firefox 2 11-06-2004 11:08 PM
Cross posting Etiquette Next MCSD 8 05-21-2004 09:36 PM
CAB Files (sorry for cross - posting!) Alan Seunarayan ASP .Net 1 04-26-2004 10:43 PM

Advertisments