Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cross posting

Cross posting

Aardvark

lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://
www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

> In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
> referenced and are there any other points to consider?

Google 'fair use'.

Please don't change the subject of a post. It ****s with the threading in
some peoples' news readers.

Aardvark

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>>> I wanted to know more about this.

>>Google is your friend
>>

>>Google cross posting netequette

> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice errs
on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

FYI
HTH
HAND

Aardvark

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:30:27 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

>> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While posting
>> using google groups, I often loose the context to the original post. A
>> solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g. "Cross
>> posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper method
>> to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are related to the
>> current discussion.

> But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.

STOP CHANGING THE ****ING SUBJECT LINE.

Ganesh J. Acharya

On Dec 22, 6:32*pm, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:19:55 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> > On Dec 22, 6:09*pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> More links for references on cross
> >> postinghttp://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.htmlhttp://

> lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
> mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html
>

> > In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
> > referenced and are there any other points to consider?

> Google 'fair use'.
>
> Please don't change the subject of a post. It ****s with the threading in
> some peoples' news readers.

Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message and post a new query with
in the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue, it
would look like a newer query?

Aardvark

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:37:59 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

> On Dec 22, 6:32*pm, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:19:55 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

>> lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
>> mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/

general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

>> > In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
>> > referenced and are there any other points to consider?

>> Google 'fair use'.
>>
>> Please don't change the subject of a post. It ****s with the threading
>> in some peoples' news readers.
>>

> Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

Huh?

> and post a new query with in
> the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
> remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

Huh?

> it
> would look like a newer query?

You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple of
posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the second in
your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for you to do
that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily, either
begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the first.

Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.

Ganesh J. Acharya

On Dec 22, 6:43*pm, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:37:59 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

> >> lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/
> >> mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/

> general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

> >> Google 'fair use'.

> >> Please don't change the subject of a post. It ****s with the threading
> >> in some peoples' news readers.

> > Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

> Huh?
>
> > and post a new query with in
> > the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
> > remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

> Huh?
>
> > it
> > would look like a newer query?

> You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple of
> posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the second in
> your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for you to do
> that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily, either
> begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the first.
>
> Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.

I do not want to loose any of my discussions. Which one is preferred?

Aardvark

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:51:04 -0800, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

> On Dec 22, 6:43*pm, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

>> > Ok. Got it. Should I empty the old message

>> Huh?
>>
>> > and post a new query with in
>> > the same thread as for me I want all of them in a single thread to
>> > remember, and for the people who have new readers with this issue,

>> Huh?
>>
>> > it
>> > would look like a newer query?

>> You began a thread with a series of questions in mind. After a couple
>> of posts you changed the subject line while continuing on with the
>> second in your series of questions. There was no need whatsoever for
>> you to do that. Having had your first question answered satisfactorily,
>> either begin a brand new thread or ask your next question within the
>> first.
>>
>> Don't use Google Groups. Use a news reader.
>>

> I do not want to loose any of my discussions.

I have no idea what you mean.

> Which one is preferred?

Which one of what is preferred?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles.

At best, it is annoying. At worst, you break threading in lesser
newsreaders.

> While posting using google groups, I often loose the context

English may not be your first language. The word is lose, not loose. The
word loose means "not tight"; lose means "gone missing."

> to the original post. A solution would be keeping part of the old
> subject intact e.g. "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New
> subject". Is there a proper method to do these. As we start getting
> newer queries those are related to the current discussion.

The solution is to start a new thread for a new topic. The *real*
solution is to subscribe to Usenet and dump Google Groups. You are in
the killfiles of many.

-bts

gangle

"Aardvark" wrote
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>Google is your friend
>>>

>>>Google cross posting netequette

>> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

> The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice
> errs
> on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
> asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

--
If you eat ****, you will eventually **** ****.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNfTk...eature=channel

Aardvark

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 06:22:18 -0800, gangle wrote:

> "Aardvark" wrote
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:20:37 -0500, floffy wrote:

>>> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

>> The playground contradicts the directed language. The inform justice
>> errs
>> on top of a fool. The fantastic regime boots this therapy behind the
>> asserting actor. A jelly foots the receiver.

> Please to now on to the rock swiftly. Bruce!

Hey! You speak floffy-ese too!

CROSS-POSTING, OR MULTI-POSTING, OR NEITHER? Colin D Digital Photography 56 03-08-2006 08:31 PM
cross-posting? Jos Laarhoven Firefox 2 11-06-2004 11:08 PM
Cross posting Etiquette Next MCSD 8 05-21-2004 09:36 PM
CAB Files (sorry for cross - posting!) Alan Seunarayan ASP .Net 1 04-26-2004 10:43 PM

Advertisments