Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Stating a jar file

Stating a jar file

bruce

I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
line:
javaw -jar myfile.jar

Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

Thanks...

Bruce

Knute Johnson

On 12/21/2010 12:22 PM, bruce wrote:
> I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
> line:
> javaw -jar myfile.jar
>
> Is there a more "modern" way to do this?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Bruce

Windows and Linux both allow you to click on a file icon of a .jar and
run it. What are you really trying to do?

--

Knute Johnson
s/nospam/knute2010/

Roedy Green

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:22:30 -0800 (PST), bruce

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html#ASSOCIATION
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Mike Schilling

"bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
> line:
> javaw -jar myfile.jar
>
> Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

If you write a service that interfaces with Twitter you can start them from
your cell phone.

bruce

On Dec 21, 3:29*pm, Knute Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12/21/2010 12:22 PM, bruce wrote:
>
> > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
> > line:
> > javaw -jar myfile.jar

> > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

> > Thanks...

> > Bruce

> Windows and Linux both allow you to click on a file icon of a .jar and
> run it. *What are you really trying to do?
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson
> s/nospam/knute2010/

Thanks..

I created a shortcut on my desktop.. Double clicking works as
expected..

Bruce

bruce

On Dec 21, 11:27*pm, "Mike Schilling" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> "bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
> > line:
> > javaw -jar myfile.jar

> > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

> If you write a service that interfaces with Twitter you can start them from
> your cell phone.

I wasn't expecting anything "THAT" modern!!

Thanks for the response.

Bruce