Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Best thing to do-Need Advise--Please

Best thing to do-Need Advise--Please

Jay

02-26-2004

Hello there,

I am trying to set up a test website that includes a header, footer, left and right navigator, and a central section. Since I am new to ASP and ASP.NET I was wondering what is the best thing to do. I have read that it is possible to use controls (Web Forms controls shown in Toolbox?) and custom controls.

Since the left and right navigators have to include dynamic information from a DB, do I need custom controls here? My idea is to use dynamically loaded Web Form controls. I was thinking about creating custom controls only for the various versions of the central section. I have a central section (body?) for each of the left navigator options. If the user selects option #1, then I would load user control #1, etc., etc.

Is the above the correct design? Thank you.

Jay

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

03-02-2004
Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23Oa6kfF$(E-Mail Removed)...

Hello there,

I am trying to set up a test website that includes a header, footer, left and right navigator, and a central section. Since I am new to ASP and ASP.NET I was wondering what is the best thing to do. I have read that it is possible to use controls (Web Forms controls shown in Toolbox?) and custom controls.

Since the left and right navigators have to include dynamic information from a DB, do I need custom controls here? My idea is to use dynamically loaded Web Form controls. I was thinking about creating custom controls only for the various versions of the central section. I have a central section (body?) for each of the left navigator options. If the user selects option #1, then I would load user control #1, etc., etc.

Is the above the correct design? Thank you.

Jay