Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Wall St. lead java developer

Wall St. lead java developer

WallStJobsNyc

This is a compliance reporting system. We process 40,000,000 messages
per day. Our database is 12 terabytes.

Prerequisites:
java
Hibernate
Oracle PL/SQL
Oracle 11g
FIX
B.S Computer Science or better.
Course work in algorithms, data structures, operating systems
Deep, relevant experience.

Your level of technical knowledge must be superior to to the very high
level of the people that you will supervise.

You must know what you are talking about, and you must be able to
convince your manager and your co-workers that your ideas are
technically sound and will improve the system.

This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

It is also a hacker culture. If you are curious about how things work
internally, you will find the environment stimulating.

You will set coding standards, and lead by example.

You will design and document the architecture, including the class
hierarchy. You will select the best API libraries and tools to use.

The Executive Director here is hands on. He reviews, and sometimes
rewrites, code; and reviews all Perforce check-ins, and makes
specific, technical comments and suggestions on them.

This is a hands on, lead developer role, not management, at least not
the first year or two.

Title is Vice President.

Resumes to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Eric Sosman

On 12/16/2010 10:55 PM, WallStJobsNyc wrote:
> [...]
> This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

"Ri-i-i-g-h-t."

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid

Mike Schilling

"Eric Sosman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ieettg$9qv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 12/16/2010 10:55 PM, WallStJobsNyc wrote:
>> [...]
>> This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

> "Ri-i-i-g-h-t."

That is, don't go there and write the "Office Space" program that deposits
rounded-off fractional cents into your own account, because there's nothing
financial types disrespect more than *petty* theft.