Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Grey market ruled against

Grey market ruled against

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember tony cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:

>An infrequent poster in another group I read does a regular search for
>a particular word. When that word appears, he joins in the thread.
>
>The above might not make much sense, but this person is autistic and
>has a fixation on this particular word.

Not 'wtom' and 'surge protector' is it?

<ducks>

henryp

On Dec 15, 7:41*pm, otter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Henry, has B&H authorized you to speak for them in an official
> manner? *If not, you may want to check your company policy. *People
> have gotten in trouble for posts like this when they don't have
> authorization. *Don't want that to happen to you, if you were unaware
> of your company's policy. *I know I am not authorized to speak for my
> employer. *I generally try not to mention them at all online.
>
> On the other hand, if you ARE an authorized representative of B&H,
> then welcome. *You might want to include your title in your sig.

I am touched by your concern. My title is Director of Corporate
Communications and one of my primary jobs is replying to various
comments and contributing to various conversations in online forums
and newsgroups. I have been doing this on B&H's behalf for more than a
decade.

--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp

On Dec 16, 7:13*am, "Tim80" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yeah, it is a pretty vague ruling, but it's nothing new. *Levi's won a
> similar case about 10 years ago against a major European company for doing
> the same

I could be mistaken but I dimly recall that decades ago when they
first started out The Gap sold mostly "grey market" Levis. Legal
pressure forced them to drop that line and that was the genesis of Gap
brand jeans.

--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp

On Dec 16, 9:42*am, George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> He's the "H" in "B&H", maybe?!?

I am not. I am an employee. Were I the "H" in B&H I'd hire some bright
chap to do this for me.

--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

peter

On 12/20/2010 4:08 PM, henryp wrote:
> On Dec 16, 9:42 am, George Kerby<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> He's the "H" in "B&H", maybe?!?

> I am not. I am an employee. Were I the "H" in B&H I'd hire some bright
> chap to do this for me.

If the H in stands for what I think it does, there would be no need.

--
Peter

shiva das

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
henryp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 7:41*pm, otter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Henry, has B&H authorized you to speak for them in an official
> > manner? *If not, you may want to check your company policy. *People
> > have gotten in trouble for posts like this when they don't have
> > authorization. *Don't want that to happen to you, if you were unaware
> > of your company's policy. *I know I am not authorized to speak for my
> > employer. *I generally try not to mention them at all online.
> >
> > On the other hand, if you ARE an authorized representative of B&H,
> > then welcome. *You might want to include your title in your sig.

> I am touched by your concern. My title is Director of Corporate
> Communications and one of my primary jobs is replying to various
> comments and contributing to various conversations in online forums
> and newsgroups. I have been doing this on B&H's behalf for more than a
> decade.
>
> --
> Henry Posner
> B&H Photo-Video

Henry, I for one have been grateful many times over since I first saw
your thoughtful comments on usenet and web forums. I've been shopping at
B&H since you were on 17th Street -- even during my brief hiatus in
California I would comb the B&H ads in Shutterbug before making a
purchase from one of the local "Mini-B&Hs".

So congrats on working for a great company and doing such a good job. A
shout-out to Yosef "Joey Black" Schwartz, the buyer, and Chris in used.
Just the fact that no one works on commission makes it a great place to
spent 4 or 5 hours. On a Friday

John Turco

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember tony cooper
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
>
> >An infrequent poster in another group I read does a regular search for
> >a particular word. When that word appears, he joins in the thread.
> >
> >The above might not make much sense, but this person is autistic and
> >has a fixation on this particular word.

> Not 'wtom' and 'surge protector' is it?
>
> <ducks>

Yeah, I've witnessed the occasional rantings and ravings of "w_tom"
(in <news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage>, mostly). His fixation
on "'whole house' surge protection" is a bit obsessive, I must admit.

Naturally, Rod Speed always comes along and puts w_tom in his place,
and none too gently.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Grey market stores in NY for Canon 300D Siddhartha Jain Digital Photography 2 10-14-2004 02:01 PM
Still trying to figure the grey level of an 18% grey card (was: If I shoot a grey card, should this end up as 127 grey?) Alan F Cross Digital Photography 40 03-02-2004 12:12 PM
If I shoot a grey card, should this end up as 127 grey? Alan F Cross Digital Photography 8 02-26-2004 09:57 AM
grey market? CNT Digital Photography 14 10-15-2003 08:44 PM
Re: Open question about grey market camera imports Bill Bennett Digital Photography 0 06-23-2003 01:39 PM

Advertisments