Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: I'm just sayin...the Linux desktop is dead

Re: I'm just sayin...the Linux desktop is dead

Another Me

On 13/12/10 6:27 PM, impossible wrote:
> iPhone OSX tops linux in os share of usage.
>
> http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
>
> IOW -- more people casually browse the internet with their iPhone than
> all the freetard nixophiliacs combined.
>
> Considering what the Church of Larry D'SweatyPee has been proselytizing
> for so long, this is disappointing. But facts are facts.

Are you seriously trying to use web stats as an indication of usage?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <ie4bf7$qgm$(E-Mail Removed)>, Another Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 13/12/10 6:27 PM, impossible wrote:
>> iPhone OSX tops linux in os share of usage.
>>
>> http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
>>
>> IOW -- more people casually browse the internet with their iPhone than
>> all the freetard nixophiliacs combined.
>>
>> Considering what the Church of Larry D'SweatyPee has been proselytizing
>> for so long, this is disappointing. But facts are facts.

>Are you seriously trying to use web stats as an indication of usage?

Yes, it apparently does. And it believes sales figures comparisons ...
despite the fact that linux isn't sold.
If you try to argue data, it will go to faith (ie windows is god) and
produce 'data' to back that faith up.
Best answer, don't read its postings or bother replying. At worst, those of
us who have it binned won't see it.

Thanks

Another Me

On 14/12/10 12:49 PM, impossible wrote:

> These are usage figures, not sales figures. The linux desktop is dead,
> not because no one will buy it, but rather because no one wants to use it.

But the only usage it shows is web browsing, and trying to base all
usage on web browsing is rather naive

Another Me

On 15/12/10 1:59 AM, impossible wrote:

> LOL. Web browsing is the most generic, commonplace use -- if anything,
> those numbers would tend to flatter desktop usage of linux, which has
> its strongest following among those who do little else with their
> machines . True, it doesn't track the countless hours that freetards
> devote to staring at syslogs and such while tweaking a dozen virtualized
> renditions of their favorite wallpaper image, but it nevertheless
> provides a reasonable estimate of what operating system people are using
> to get most things done.

The only thing it measures is web browser use, if you can't understand
that, then I am really sorry, it is a simple concept. I imagine there
are more people in the word playing solitaire in windows that people
browsing, maybe you should measure that?

> If you think you have a better estimate of linux usage than the rumours
> and wild guesses you've been relying on so far, by all means let's see it.
>
> Tick.....tick...

Do you have an illness?

victor

On 16/12/2010 7:24 a.m., whoisthis wrote:
..

> No, what you are saying is you are an annoying wanker with some sort of
> chip on your shoulder.... all available data backs me up on that.

Apparently the iPhone is dead too according to this troll's estimates.

Another Me

On 16/12/10 2:04 AM, impossible wrote:

> So no...you don't have a better estimate of linux usage. Just as we all
> thought.

No I don't, but I am still standing by the claim that your estimate is
next to useless

peterwn

On Dec 16, 8:05*pm, Another Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 16/12/10 2:04 AM, impossible wrote:
> > So no...you don't have a better estimate of linux usage. Just as we all
> > thought.

> No I don't, but I am still standing by the claim that your estimate is
> next to useless

Your commemnt is too kind.
Remember never to give a sucker a break.

AD.

On Dec 17, 12:51*am, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Classic nixhead plonker -- if he can't make a point by doctoring someone's
> post, he finished. No facts to share, no interest in expoloring facts, no
> interest in having a forthright discussion. Just ideologically driven
> bluster and sheer cowardice Good riddance to you an d all your like-minded
> mates!

I'm interested in exploring any relevant facts of the topic at hand.

It seems obvious that only one side of the argument has been fully
presented. To balance this, could you provide us with some facts to
show that you aren't (as has been eloquently claimed) actually an
annoying wanker and a spammer?

I realise you're a very generous person, and I do appreciate the way
you've helped out the opposition by bolstering the evidence that you
are an annoying wanker and a spammer. But in the interests of
fairness, it is now time to hear some points for the other side of
this argument...

--
Cheers
Anton

peterwn

On Dec 17, 9:36*am, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I realise you're a very generous person, and I do appreciate the way
> you've helped out the opposition by bolstering the evidence that you
> are an annoying wanker and a spammer. But in the interests of
> fairness, it is now time to hear some points for the other side of
> this argument...

It is well known that Microsoft encourages its staff and those of its
Gold Partners to spam ng's, blogs etc with pro MS FUD, but I suspect
they no longer appreciate Impossible's postings, because he is now an
enormous liability to Microsoft.