Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > script which queries devices via SNMP and draws spanning tree foreach vlan

script which queries devices via SNMP and draws spanning tree foreach vlan

Adrian Przestroga

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anybody is aware of some solution which would
query a device via SNMP for a list of existing VLANs and would draw a
spanning tree for each of them (including other discovered devices
connected to the device - e.g. other switches)

Do you know anything like this?

alexd

Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, Adrian
Przestroga chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> I was wondering whether anybody is aware of some solution which would
> query a device via SNMP for a list of existing VLANs and would draw a
> spanning tree for each of them (including other discovered devices
> connected to the device - e.g. other switches)

Netdisco would be a good place to start.

-- Andrew Crossley, ACS:Law, 13 August 2010