Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

mogwaii

The problem showed up just recently a month ago, there is some patch
which i got with this list menu, but in the time of built it was not
needed as the listing worked just fine in most grand browsers.

month ago it stopped working, i really do not realize why....i've made
patch free again and have put it in use, here's the patch code:

<script type="text/javascript">
//MSIE 6 and under hack for lack of CSS LI rollovers
var sfHover = function() {
var sfEls =
document.getElementById("meni").getElementsByTagNa me("LI");
for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
sfEls[i].onmouseover=function() {
this.className+=" sfhover";
}
sfEls[i].onmouseout=function() {
this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp(" sfhover\\b"),
"");
}
}
}
if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload", sfHover);

</script>

I think it is for that use(to fix the listing of menu-bar in ie.6,0)
but can't tell it for sure.

Supposedly it has to do with floating, but if it worked from the
beginning then i can't locate the bug so quickly, it has to be page
related, but thats only Maybe.

I someone could look at the code or has an instant answer/idea for
what cause the problem, please let me know.

mogwaii

the link for listing menu is http://www.trnje.hr/

the menu is on the left side of the table.

Jonathan N. Little

mogwaii wrote:

> the link for listing menu is http://www.trnje.hr/
>
> the menu is on the left side of the table.

In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.

BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

comitter

On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> mogwaii wrote:
>
> > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

> > the menu is on the left side of the table.

> In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
> support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
> class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.
>
> BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

"In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack
for
support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define
the
class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet. "

Could you clarify this, it looks like a higher sphere of mathematics
to me...
hey, easy, cool, i'm not a highest-ranking physicist in nuclear
facility.

So this script which was closed before yesterday, should stay closed i
guess... ?

<script type="text/javascript">
//MSIE 6 and under hack for lack of CSS LI rollovers
var sfHover = function() {
var sfEls =
document.getElementByclass("meni").getElementsByTa gName("LI");
for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
sfEls[i].onmouseover=function() {
this.className+=" sfhover";
}
sfEls[i].onmouseout=function() {
this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp(" sfhover\\b"),
"");
}
}
}
if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload", sfHover);

</script>

mogwaii

On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> mogwaii wrote:
>
> > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

> > the menu is on the left side of the table.

> In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
> support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
> class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.
>
> BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

I can't understand you, can you clarify a bit?

this patch for IE6 wasn't even included/wasn't unlocked before two-
three days ago.
Now, look i have and older backuped version of this webpage from
16.04.2010., and then this listing menu was great,fine, worked well.

Wells fargo, i will now try to make an comparation but i am very
doubtfull i will fin something in the very code...

please if you have some criss-cross answer, let me know!

mogwaii

On 13 pro, 04:24, mogwaii <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > mogwaii wrote:

> > > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

> > > the menu is on the left side of the table.

> > In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
> > support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
> > class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.

> > BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"

> > --
> > Take care,

> > Jonathan
> > -------------------
> > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

> I can't understand you, can you clarify a bit?
>
> this patch for IE6 wasn't even included/wasn't unlocked before two-
> three days ago.
> Now, look i have and older backuped version of this webpage from
> 16.04.2010., and then this listing menu was great,fine, worked well.
>
> Wells fargo, i will now try to make an comparation but i am very
> doubtfull i will fin something in the very code...
>
> please if you have some criss-cross *answer, let me know!- Sakrij citirani tekst -
>
> - Prikaži citirani tekst -

p.s. i now looked the code, and at 16.4.2010. that patch was under
<!-- --> marks...
and the code started with id and not as class ....so i'm still
checking that...

mogwaii

Hey Jonathan,

when hovering with mouse over the listing menu in older backup i don't
have an issue, just there is no error showing.
But in the present version when hovering with mouse over the listing
menu i get an onmouse over "title" message in the bottom of screen
"error on page" which is as you can see it on the whole page when
mouse hovering.....

so you're right, some error is present but where and what i do not
have a clue, frankly. And i did removed the content and it's still
present....
some bug hidding its legs from me.

show calendar show clock tony Cisco 1 09-18-2006 07:13 AM
show all files in the directory, but how to show directory control?? strutsng@gmail.com HTML 1 09-30-2005 07:32 AM
TO show or NOT to show Matt ASP .Net 1 05-02-2005 09:07 PM
to show image or to show flash Disco Octopus HTML 7 05-14-2004 06:27 AM
Command "show run" does not show all interfaces Peter Jonas Cisco 3 01-05-2004 12:13 AM

Advertisments