Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anonymous hackers - how dey do dat?

Anonymous hackers - how dey do dat?

RayLopez99

On Dec 12, 6:40*pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Now that we know what Ozzy posted and what you inferred are the same, we can draw some
> conclusions.

Ozzy? Ozzy and Harriet? Why did me and her/them/it infer the same?
Same what? I think we actually differ--she/he/it thinks that the user
has to do something (escalation of privileges) while I say no.

> The major conclusion is there is no exploit/vulerability vector. *Only an email request
> that presumably leads to a a subsequent reply indicating how to "join" the hacktivist
> action.

PRESUMABLY says the (idiot) savant. Presumably. From that a priori,
the idiot then goes on to write a novel. But what if your presumption
is incorrect? What if--and this could well be the case since the
Anonymous group has world class black hat hackers--just knowing your
email Internet address allows them to attack your system, infiltrate
it, and launch their bot-enabling code, the Ion Cannon? That is the
question. Can they do this in theory? If so the CNN statement is
correct.

> My lack of a response was because you lacked facts to to substantiate a claim to provide
> an answer to a qestion based upon said unsubstantiated claim.

A lot of lip, man. Maybe that's why you're called Lipman.

You are dismissed. Go research the question I posed and when you're
more educated come back with an answer. Not holding my breath.

RL

RayLopez99

On Dec 12, 9:16*pm, Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I see it now. Thanks.
>
> your head is in full focus. *LOL*
> --http://marykunzgoldman.com/2008/05/visit-from-ari.html#links

Do you have the link I posted on that health forum about my nuts?
What forum was that? Do you remember? Been trying to find it as I
have another question for them.

Thanks,

RL

FromTheRafters

RayLopez99 wrote:
[...]

> ...thinks that the user
> has to do something (escalation of privileges) while I say no.

My mentioning "escalation of privilege" was not meant to imply a *user*
specifically, but a type of exploit. Specifically in the case of exploit
based malware, the exploit is often used to get processing power. A
"remote exploit" vector implies it can be done through the network. A
"privilege escalation" exploit refers to getting processing power with
high privilege (as opposed to the limited privilege usually gained in a
'userland' environment).

[blah blah blah]

> Can they do this in theory? If so the CNN statement is
> correct.

No, CNN's statement would be correct only if they were doing it in practice.

G. Morgan

Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I see it now. Thanks.
>
>your head is in full focus. *LOL*

lol....

Dustin

Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:8mklbvFqepU1
@mid.individual.net:

> your head is in full focus. *LOL*

Brown hole coming up!

--
Hackers are generally only very weakly motivated by conventional rewards
such as social approval or money. They tend to be attracted by

G. Morgan

Dustin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> your head is in full focus. *LOL*

>Brown hole coming up!

It's crowning!!

Someone get a Mossberg!

G. Morgan

Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> But this is not a peer reviewed science site. Do you have any ideas
>> how evil hackers can take over your machine if you send them an
>> email? That is the relevant query. I guess your lack of a response
>> on that issue speaks for itself. Get the point?

Take a course in "Ethical Hacking". Global Knowledge has one.

"Get the Point?" is not winning you friends.

za kAT

http://tinyurl.com/39zl3ar

> What forum was that? Do you remember? Been trying to find it as I
> have another question for them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> RL https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ser:Raylopez99

lol
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!

Ari Silverstein

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:27:57 -0800 (PST), RayLopez99 wrote:

> On Dec 12, 9:16*pm, Ari Silverstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I see it now. Thanks.
>>
>> your head is in full focus. *LOL*
>> --http://marykunzgoldman.com/2008/05/visit-from-ari.html#links

> Do you have the link I posted on that health forum about my nuts?
> What forum was that? Do you remember? Been trying to find it as I
> have another question for them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> RL

Your slopping boy lives over your garage if you need servicing.
--
<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WhnvofcHy48/SDxAZbSaqnI/AAAAAAAAADo/Qh2FYauXJMo/s400/RIMG0019-2.JPG>

G. Morgan

za kAT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: