Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Transferring Files

Transferring Files

=?Utf-8?B?THVja3kxMw==?=

I have a wireless network set up at home between my laptop and my desktop.
I used to be able to transfer files between the two by placing any files
into a folder? But for some reason this folder has just disappeared, and I
can no longer transfer files.
Can someone please tell me how to transfer files between the computers?
Thanks..

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZW5zdGVhZA==?=

I suggest you make new network shares.
Look in Windows XP Help and Support using the search words 'sharing files'
and you will find guides to tell you how to do it.
--
Greenstead

"Lucky13" wrote:

> I have a wireless network set up at home between my laptop and my desktop.
> I used to be able to transfer files between the two by placing any files
> into a folder? But for some reason this folder has just disappeared, and I
> can no longer transfer files.
> Can someone please tell me how to transfer files between the computers?
> Thanks..

Jack

Hi
As indicated by Greenstead make sure that the Shares are set, and then the
easiest way would be to Map the computers hard drives and use Windows
Explorer and similar program: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#map

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...