Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: The sun has set on the British Empire.

Re: The sun has set on the British Empire.

Disbelief

Bullwinkle wrote:
> The sun has set on the British Empire.
>
> (Sky News) - Britain feared Libya would take "harsh and immediate
> action" against it if the Lockerbie bomber died in prison, leaked US
> diplomatic cables have suggested.

And it was suggested in "leaked" *US* cables - not the most believable,
tactful or trustworthy people the American diplomatic service from what I've
seen of those documents.

> Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi made "thuggish" threats to halt all
> trade deals with the UK and harass embassy staff if Abdelbaset al
> Megrahi was not freed, according to the latest disclosures.

Isn't that what America does to us and the rest of the world *ALL* of the
time?

> The cables unveiled on whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks also suggest
> Tripoli offered a "parade of treats" to the Scottish devolved
> government if it let the convicted mass killer go - although the
> incentives were refused.

Ah bribery - at least the Americans *have* taught the Libyans something!