Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Put Eye Out - Need Advice

Put Eye Out - Need Advice

James Smith

I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
static electricity struck my eye and burned it.

I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
to have it removed.

I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get headaches everyday
from the strain of trying to see using one eye.

Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.

I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
something like that.

Old Gringo38

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:

> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
> Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
> static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>
> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
> to have it removed.
>
> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
> lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get headaches everyday
> from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
>
> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.
>
> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
> something like that.

The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
left it in.
--
12/7/2010 9:18:37 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

James Smith

Old Gringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:wpms1wbri38q$(E-Mail Removed):

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:
>
>> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
>> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I
>> removed it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>>
>> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
>> had to have it removed.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
>> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get
>> headaches everyday from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
>>
>> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a
>> pirate.
>>
>> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
>> something like that.

> The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
> left it in.

That doesn't help with the question I was asking. Thanks for the smug
and simplistic reply just the same.

Josey Wales

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:

> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
> Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
> static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>
> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
> to have it removed.
>
> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
> lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get headaches everyday
> from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
>
> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.
>
> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
> something like that.

Just take your hog-leg down to the nearest Duck Head office, and go postal
on them. Amazing what attention you can draw to a problem when you wave a
pair of Colt .45 pistols around while screaming for a settlement!

--
Josey Wales
Are you going to pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?

James Smith

"WeReo_BoY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:37DLo.5$(E-Mail Removed):

> You said you had the eye removed. Then you said you can see through
> it. What is going on, sir?

It was a mistype. I meant to type "can't see." I only have one eye! It
isn't always easy geting every little word typed out correctly.

Tony

Look at it this way even with one eye you can see at least 10 times better than
a Chinaman can with both eyes.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
the job for potty mouth,

the realm of understandability

Dan C

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 03:30:03 +0000, James Smith wrote:

> Old Gringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:wpms1wbri38q$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
>>> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I
>>> removed it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>>>
>>> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
>>> had to have it removed.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
>>> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get
>>> headaches everyday from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
>>>
>>> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a
>>> pirate.
>>>
>>> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
>>> something like that.

>> The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
>> left it in.

> That doesn't help with the question I was asking. Thanks for the smug
> and simplistic reply just the same.

Are you related to the wereo ****ing retard?

**** off and die, whacko.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he rolled off the prostitute.

G. Morgan

James Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
>Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
>static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>
>I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
>to have it removed.

Do you walk around in circles a lot?

Old Gringo38

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:07:44 -0500, Tony wrote:

> Look at it this way even with one eye you can see at least 10 times better than
> a Chinaman can with both eyes.

<g>

--
12/7/2010 10:50:33 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Aardvark

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:48:18 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:

> James Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
>>shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed
>>it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
>>
>>I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
>>had to have it removed.

> Do you walk around in circles a lot?

He's got an eye missing. He doesn't have one foot nailed to the floor.