Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what's up with 4lb bags of sugar?

what's up with 4lb bags of sugar?

Café Publico

At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

Old Gringo38

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price

--
12/7/2010 8:44:10 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Café Publico

"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ae0mqdagtq1z$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
>
>> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well
>> the
>> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or
>> 10lb
>> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
>> 5lb
>> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

> It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price

A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a month
ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
buying old sugar?

Old Gringo38

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ae0mqdagtq1z$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
>>
>>> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well
>>> the
>>> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or
>>> 10lb
>>> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
>>> 5lb
>>> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

>> It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
>>

> A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a month
> ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
> buying old sugar?

I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
in Texas. It ****ed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL
--
12/7/2010 9:01:26 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

NormanM

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

It's the sugar industry's way of complying with the health nuts' demand to
reduce the consumption of sugar in this country.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Café Publico

"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1jzkl2gec9zal.tx7g52skc74p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
>
>> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ae0mqdagtq1z$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
>>>

>> A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a
>> month
>> ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
>> buying old sugar?

> I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
> in Texas. It ****ed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
> the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
screwed in the end . . .

G. Morgan

Café Publico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
>house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
>bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
>to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

You don't buy sugar much. It's been that way. It's called the "grocery shrink
ray" at Consumerist.com

G. Morgan

Café Publico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:1jzkl2gec9zal.tx7g52skc74p$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
>>
>>> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:ae0mqdagtq1z$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a
>>> month
>>> ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
>>> buying old sugar?

>> I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
>> in Texas. It ****ed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
>> the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

>Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
>screwed in the end . . .

I'm sure they already nailed ya on ice cream. Those a$$holes have been slowly
shrinking the buckets into cups !

NotMe

"G. Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Café Publico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:1jzkl2gec9zal.tx7g52skc74p$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
>>> in Texas. It ****ed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
>>> the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

>>Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
>>screwed in the end . . .

> I'm sure they already nailed ya on ice cream. Those a$$holes have been
> slowly
> shrinking the buckets into cups !

Blue Bell is still in the one gallon bucket. Given the number of grand kids
we have (natural, adopted and foster) it's a good thing.

Bucky Breeder

Café Publico <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:idmpgu$4mt$(E-Mail Removed):

> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area),
> both C&H as well the house brand were no longer available
> in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb bags. Going the
> way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
> 5lb to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

Yes. (Colorado; Denver mostly but I get around...)

Walmart Deli's just shortened their "Pick 3" chicken bucket by
about a third. That's a third less volume. Supposedly you
still get 3 pounds for $10, but how long that's gonna last is
anybody's guess. "Prices are falling" but they forgot to tell
you that containers are consistently getting smaller.

Papa John's Pizza is now grinding cardboard into the crust batter...
remember when Dominos was doing that? They also are cutting the
cheese with chicken, pork and beef fat... supposedly it makes it
taste so much better that most people don't even mind.

Papa John's Pizza got caught blowing their noses onto finished
pizzas before delivery... It's like a culture of the brand
which has spread all over the country now. They never should
have made movies joking about spitting on food, or commercials
about waitresses wringing out bar rags into patrons' drinks.
This is where luzers and retards get their ideas: Hollywood.

HTH.

If you buy *anything* that says "Made in China" anytime,
you're supporting the "Evil Empire" and the terrorists too.

--

Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

http://213.251.145.96/ (WikiSteenks)

http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

Repent! The end is near. Or... good luck
with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.