Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Signature classes have been tampered with

Signature classes have been tampered with

Tim Slattery

We're using Entrust file encryption products. I have a program running
under WebLogic using their jar files, which works fine. To start out,
you create a com.entrust.toolkit.User object, then call the "login"
method on it passing the name of a certificate file (in their .epf
format) and a password.

Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
"Signature classes have been tampered with"

from someplace in the javax.crypto package (which must be called from
the Entrust package, we don't call it ourselves).

Has anybody run into this? How can we get around it?

--
Tim Slattery
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

Roedy Green

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:14:17 -0500, Tim Slattery <(E-Mail Removed)>

>Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
>to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
>"Signature classes have been tampered with"

You must use the exact same key to sign everything.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

In programming, and documenting programs, keep vocabulary consistent and precisely defined! Variation in vocabulary to relieve the tedium is for novels.