Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How do I get the email address of the person who clicked the link inthe email?

How do I get the email address of the person who clicked the link inthe email?

Zeynel

Hello,

I am working with Google App Engine python version. The app sends an
email to the user with a link to a page to upload an image as an
avatar. It would be nice to have the email so that I can associate the
avatar with that email. How can I do this? Thank you.

alex23

On Dec 5, 10:15*am, Zeynel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am working with Google App Engine python version. The app sends an
> email to the user with a link to a page to upload an image as an
> avatar. It would be nice to have the email so that I can associate the
> avatar with that email. How can I do this? Thank you.

One approach would be to assign a unique identifier to the email
address, then include that identifier as a parameter in the link that
allows for image uploading: http://your.site.tld/avatar/upload/<unique_id>
(for eg)

Then the upload process can get the ID from the path and identify the
email address with which the image is associated.