Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Laptop using HDTV in bed?

Re: Laptop using HDTV in bed?

Aardvark

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA>

me@privacy.net

"Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I call that the "education elitist snobbery argument" - that only those
>with advanced college degrees and publications can possibly know or
>understand anything, and the rest of us are mere riff raff simpletons who
>have to be dictated everything by them and our government masters.

tell that to your doctor when he says you have a cancer

damn Marxist snobs!

Anyone

Jane_Galt wrote on 07-Dec-10 19:47 ...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote :
>
>> nhwf<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> One of the things ive found interesting is that when you talk to one of
>>> the flat-earthers and ask them to explain climate change theory, they
>>> cant. Mainly because they dont understand what it is they're supposedly
>>> against.
>>> Seriously, next time you encounter one in meat-space, ask them to
>>> describe the mechanics to you.

>> Most of these people don't have much beyond a high
>> school or elementary education..... no PHYSICS
>> background at all..... no thermodynamics classes......
>> no understanding of various heat "processes"
>> etc....isobaric, isochoric, nothing
>>
>> These people remind me of Ronald Reagan who 60 years
>> ago told everyone smoking was good for them!
>>
>> Ignorance is their BLISS!!
>>

> I call that the "education elitist snobbery argument" - that only those
> with advanced college degrees and publications can possibly know or
> understand anything, and the rest of us are mere riff raff simpletons who
> have to be dictated everything by them and our government masters.
>
> Tyrant!

So far, it seems your sole demonstrated talent is 'superior' assertion.

Ferd Berfle

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> nhwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>One of the things ive found interesting is that when you talk to one of
>>the flat-earthers and ask them to explain climate change theory, they
>>cant. Mainly because they dont understand what it is they're supposedly
>>against.
>>Seriously, next time you encounter one in meat-space, ask them to
>>describe the mechanics to you.

> Most of these people don't have much beyond a high
> school or elementary education..... no PHYSICS
> background at all..... no thermodynamics classes......
> no understanding of various heat "processes"
> etc....isobaric, isochoric, nothing
>
> These people remind me of Ronald Reagan who 60 years
> ago told everyone smoking was good for them!
>
> Ignorance is their BLISS!!

There is no basic science supporting the AGW claims. If you had even a basic
science education, you would know that.

Aardvark

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:46:16 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> In message <if52q3$jka$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, "Ferd Berfle"
> pondered the following:
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Most of these people don't have much beyond a high school or
>> > elementary education..... no PHYSICS background at all..... no
>> > thermodynamics classes...... no understanding of various heat
>> > "processes" etc....isobaric, isochoric, nothing
>> >
>> > These people remind me of Ronald Reagan who 60 years ago told
>> > everyone smoking was good for them!
>> >
>> > Ignorance is their BLISS!!

>> There is no basic science supporting the AGW claims. If you had even a
>> basic
>> science education, you would know that.
>>

> Ok, heres your chance Explain the theory of global warming to me.
> Really
> Lets see if you can do it. I bet you wont since you dont understand the
> concepts involved.

LOL. Another one bites the dust, mate.

--
Gaudete, Gaudete! Christus est natus
Ex Maria virgine. Gaudete!

me@privacy.net

"Ferd Berfle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>There is no basic science supporting the AGW claims. If you had even a basic
>science education, you would know that.

I have WAY MORE science and engineering education than
you ever even dreamed of

RickMerrill

Ferd Berfle wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> nhwf<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> One of the things ive found interesting is that when you talk to one of
>>> the flat-earthers and ask them to explain climate change theory, they
>>> cant. Mainly because they dont understand what it is they're supposedly
>>> against.
>>> Seriously, next time you encounter one in meat-space, ask them to
>>> describe the mechanics to you.

>> Most of these people don't have much beyond a high
>> school or elementary education..... no PHYSICS
>> background at all..... no thermodynamics classes......
>> no understanding of various heat "processes"
>> etc....isobaric, isochoric, nothing
>>
>> These people remind me of Ronald Reagan who 60 years
>> ago told everyone smoking was good for them!
>>
>> Ignorance is their BLISS!!

> There is no basic science supporting the AGW claims. If you had even a basic
> science education, you would know that.

There are ice core samples dating back 150,000 years that are still being analyzed
for the entrained gas that the cores hold.

me@privacy.net

"Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Cry us a river,

Look up the word "catalyst"

me@privacy.net

nhwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yeah. I'm perpetually dissapointed by the Flat Earthers. I'd even have
>given him some keywords to search on like "carbon sequestration" or
>"methane hydrate"..."albedo effect" anyone?

Head stuck in sand ... huh

me@privacy.net

nhwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Head stuck in sand ... huh

>Yeah, go figure.
><shrugs>

Flat earthers is an appropriate name for such
people....

They are all dinosaurs....

The new crop of young people coming up know much
better... better educated...