Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Rendering last

Rendering last

Rex the Strange

Does anyone know of a way that I can ensure that a particular control
is rendered to the page last, regardless of when it was added to the
control collection without having to subclass the page object?

tia,
rts

Brian Cryer

"Rex the Strange" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a way that I can ensure that a particular control
> is rendered to the page last, regardless of when it was added to the
> control collection without having to subclass the page object?

Put it last on the page (or perhaps in the pre-render you could move it to
be the last control?)

Seriously though, consider that when a control is rendered it generates html
and controls will be rendered in the order that they are required to
generate the html for a page. So if you want a control to be rendered last
then it needs to be the last control on the page.

What are you trying to achieve? There may be a better way of doing it.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian