Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > FREEVIEW problems

FREEVIEW problems

William Brown

What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

Greg

On 4/12/2010 10:14 p.m., William Brown wrote:

> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
> are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

You don't actually need 2 boxes, but if you are going to the trouble you
might as well get one of the boxes with dual tuners and a HDD, record 2
channels while you watch something you recorded previously, way better
that a VCR don't you think. Time to upgrade to the 21st century!

Sweetpea

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:14:26 +1300, William Brown wrote:

> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
> are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

You need one box for every simultaneous channel you want available to
legacy equipment.

This was known from the beginning. What's your problem with it?

Enkidu

On 04/12/10 22:14, William Brown wrote:

> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what
> they are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top
> boxes.

What's a VCR? I looked it up and the only VCR I can find is "Video
Cassette Recorder", but you can't mean those - they went out years ago.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

victor

On 4/12/2010 10:14 p.m., William Brown wrote:

> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
> are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

Not their problem

William Brown

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:33:12 +1300, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 4/12/2010 10:14 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>

>> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
>> are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

>You don't actually need 2 boxes, but if you are going to the trouble you
>might as well get one of the boxes with dual tuners and a HDD, record 2
>channels while you watch something you recorded previously, way better
>that a VCR don't you think. Time to upgrade to the 21st century!

And way beyond what most older people can handler..

William Brown

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:33:12 +1300, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 4/12/2010 10:14 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>>

>> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what they
>> are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top boxes.

>You don't actually need 2 boxes, but if you are going to the trouble you
>might as well get one of the boxes with dual tuners and a HDD, record 2
>channels while you watch something you recorded previously, way better
>that a VCR don't you think. Time to upgrade to the 21st century!

Not all of the can record 2 channels, record one watch the other.

William Brown

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:56:00 +1300, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 04/12/10 22:14, William Brown wrote:
>>

>> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what
>> they are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top
>> boxes.
>>

>What's a VCR? I looked it up and the only VCR I can find is "Video
>Cassette Recorder", but you can't mean those - they went out years ago.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

No you are totally wrong the are still being sold

Why Is this group full of Idiots..?

http://www.lg.com/nz/tv-audio-video/...-vcr-combo.jsp

http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/t...ype=subtype_p2

http://lvmartin.co.nz/public/product...vel2code=L2VCR

Sweetpea

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 13:12:06 +1300, William Brown wrote:

>>You don't actually need 2 boxes, but if you are going to the trouble you
>>might as well get one of the boxes with dual tuners and a HDD, record 2
>>channels while you watch something you recorded previously, way better
>>that a VCR don't you think. Time to upgrade to the 21st century!

> And way beyond what most older people can handler.

Is that why you can't cope with modern AV equipment?

Enkidu

On 05/12/10 13:25, William Brown wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 11:56:00 +1300, Enkidu<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On 04/12/10 22:14, William Brown wrote:
>>>

>>> What they are telling every one you need a set top box, but what
>>> they are not telling you is if you have a VCR you need 2 set top
>>> boxes.
>>>

>> What's a VCR? I looked it up and the only VCR I can find is "Video
>> Cassette Recorder", but you can't mean those - they went out years ago.

> No you are totally wrong the are still being sold

The only reason I can think of for owning a VCR is to pirate tapes to DVD.