Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Where can I find these events

Where can I find these events

Tony Johansson

Hello!

Normally all events can be found in the lightning bold in the property page
but how can I find these.

{
}

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
}

protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

}

//Tony

Registered User

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:38:16 +0100, "Tony Johansson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Normally all events can be found in the lightning bold in the property page
>but how can I find these.
>
>protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> }
>
> protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
> }
>
> protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
> {
>
> }

ASP.NET webforms do not make use of property pages like ,NET winforms
do. The Page_Load method is automatically stubbed out when the page is
added to the project.

Page_Init and Page_PreRender are the names of specific events which
have pre-existing event handlers at lower levels. These event handlers
are prefixed with On and can be overridden. In the page's .cs files
type override as if you're adding a new method. Hitting the space bar
will bring up Intellisense. Select OnPage_Init and an overridden
handler will be stubbed out. Do the same thing and select
OnPage_PreRender and that overridden handler will be stubbed out as
well.

regards
A.G.

Tony Johansson

"Registered User" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:38:16 +0100, "Tony Johansson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>Normally all events can be found in the lightning bold in the property
>>page
>>but how can I find these.
>>
>>protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>> }
>>
>> protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>> }
>>
>> protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
>> {
>>
>> }
>>

> ASP.NET webforms do not make use of property pages like ,NET winforms
> do. The Page_Load method is automatically stubbed out when the page is
> added to the project.
>
> Page_Init and Page_PreRender are the names of specific events which
> have pre-existing event handlers at lower levels. These event handlers
> are prefixed with On and can be overridden. In the page's .cs files
> type override as if you're adding a new method. Hitting the space bar
> will bring up Intellisense. Select OnPage_Init and an overridden
> handler will be stubbed out. Do the same thing and select
> OnPage_PreRender and that overridden handler will be stubbed out as
> well.
>
> regards
> A.G.

This was a good way but I noticed I can also do it in this way.

I can also use the page event but to be able to access the page event I
must view the Component designer for the page.
I get there by right clicking the given page and choose view Component
designer. Selecting this option open that page property window including the
events.

//Tony