Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > File Format Converter for Office 2000

File Format Converter for Office 2000

Dave C.

I am running Office 2000 and today I received a Word file with
the .docx extension. Usually I reply to the sender to resend it with
a .doc extension. But while trying to open it, I am presented with the
FileFormatConverter.exe for early Office to be able to read files from
Office 2007 and newer.

Before I run it, are there any concerns with this (being a little
cautious)?

Meanwhile, I am going to ask the sender (my daughter) to resend it.
It happens to be a dozen or so of recipes she used to make some of the
side dishes for Thanksgiving.

Regards,

Dave

Jeff Strickland

"Dave C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running Office 2000 and today I received a Word file with
> the .docx extension. Usually I reply to the sender to resend it with
> a .doc extension. But while trying to open it, I am presented with the
> FileFormatConverter.exe for early Office to be able to read files from
> Office 2007 and newer.
>
> Before I run it, are there any concerns with this (being a little
> cautious)?
>
> Meanwhile, I am going to ask the sender (my daughter) to resend it.
> It happens to be a dozen or so of recipes she used to make some of the
> side dishes for Thanksgiving.

No concerns. Go to microsoft.com and download the free converter so that
legacy programs can open the latest version of Office Documents.

Kele

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

-----------------------

On Nov 30, 9:00*pm, "Kele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...lyid=941b3470-....
>
> -----------------------
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Dave C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I am running Office 2000 and today I received a Word file with
> > the .docx extension. *Usually I reply to the sender to resend it with
> > a .doc extension. But while trying to open it, I am presented with the
> > FileFormatConverter.exe for early Office to be able to read files from
> > Office 2007 and newer.

> > Before I run it, are there any concerns with this (being a little
> > cautious)?

> > Meanwhile, I am going to ask the sender (my daughter) to resend it.
> > It happens to be a dozen or so of recipes she used to make some of the
> > side dishes for Thanksgiving.

> No concerns. Go to microsoft.com and download the free converter so that
> legacy programs can open the latest version of Office Documents.

Got it fine...works perfectly.

Thanks,

Dave