Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: More on debuggers

Re: More on debuggers

Magno

On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:

> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0229726822034#
>
> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....

No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
Greetings.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Magno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
>>
>> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
>> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
>> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
>>
>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0229726822034#
>>
>> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
>> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
>> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
>>

>No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
>being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
>Greetings.

You misspelled "mango".

--
One of the best lines I've heard lately:

Obama could cure cancer tomorrow, and the Republicans would be
complaining that he had ruined the pharmaceutical business.

(Heard on Stephanie Miller = but the sad thing is that there is an awful lot
of direct truth in it. We've constructed an economy in which eliminating
cancer would be a horrible disaster. There are many other such examples.)

Magno

On 11/30/2010 09:10 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article<(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Magno<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
>>>
>>> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
>>> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
>>> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
>>>
>>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0229726822034#
>>>
>>> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
>>> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
>>> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
>>>

>> No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
>> being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
>> Greetings.

> You misspelled "mango".

Good one.

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Magno
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On 11/30/2010 05:09 PM, Richard wrote:
>>
>> Despite the luminaries here telling us that debuggers are useless and
>> that its twice as hard to debug a program as is it is write code
>> properly the first time, I thought some of you might enjoy this
>>
>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0229726822034#
>>
>> This Stanford lecturer agrees with me : debuggers help you track state
>> and force test conditions in a controlled manner. Obviously he's not as
>> smart as the people here who claim they prefer to read a print out .....
>>

>No idea who are you, but I am sorry if we made you feel less smart for
>being unable to do everything with a non-full-featured debugging tool.
>Greetings.

You haven't.
You can't.