Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IL2 install

IL2 install

soup

Has anyone got IL2 Stormovik to install on a Win7 (64 bit) system if
so how did they go about it?
Have had a search on the net but kept getting bogged down in
version(1946) and O/S(Vista) problems etc (and I am a bear of very small
brain).

Mike Easter

soup wrote:
> Has anyone got IL2 Stormovik to install on a Win7 (64 bit) system if
> so how did they go about it?
> Have had a search on the net but kept getting bogged down in
> version(1946) and O/S(Vista) problems etc (and I am a bear of very small
> brain).

Disclaimer: I don't do games and I don't have Win7, but I'm a strong
searcher

Here're 6 pages of discussion...

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/95...wont-load.html
Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 help and support > Gaming » IL 2 Sturmovik
won't load

On about page 4 or 5, the problem person was sent to get a solution/fix
here:

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games...rmovik:%201946
or http://bit.ly/fOtBXN Game Fixes: * IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v1.0 (v4.07m)
[MULTI3] Fixed EXE

.... which is a .rar file to decompress and use to replace the IL2FB.EXE

--
Mike Easter

soup

On 30/11/2010 20:21, Mike Easter wrote:

> Here're 6 pages of discussion...
>
> http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/95...wont-load.html
> Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 help and support > Gaming » IL 2 Sturmovik
> won't load

I really appreciate you trying to help, but that is a solution for a
game which won't load not not install in the first place. a quote from
the first line on that site is :-

"IL 2 sturmovik forgotten battles fully patched. *installs*
*fine* but will not load the game.

Mike Easter

soup wrote:
> Has anyone got IL2 Stormovik to install on a Win7 (64 bit) system

This does not say what happens in your attempt to install.

In fact, it doesn't even say precisely that _you_ did not install it.

--
Mike Easter

golfer55nj