Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Is it any other way then upload source file to webserver.

Is it any other way then upload source file to webserver.

Tony Johansson

Hello!

When I run a web applikation I copy the aspx files is that the only way.
I do want to believe so but just to be sure I ask you ?

//Tony

Jason Keats

Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> When I run a web applikation I copy the aspx files is that the only way.
> I do want to believe so but just to be sure I ask you ?
>
> //Tony

You need to know that there are at least two types of ASP.NET
application - web application and web site (and, now, MVC).

You do NOT have to deploy code (.cs, .vb) files if you have chosen the
Web Application project type. In this case your code will be compiled
into an assembly (dll). You have to deploy the dll and .aspx pages (+
css + images + ...).

If you chose the Web Site project type then your pages are dynamically
compiled on the web server - so I believe that all files must be
deployed to the server.

It may also depend on whether you're using Visual Studio Express, or not.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...px#wapp_topic5