Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Beeps twice then eight times and no picture

Beeps twice then eight times and no picture

john hamilton

We have a Medion pc that we have just transported to another place and when
turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged into a TV).

It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea what's
wrong please and what these beeps might mean?

John Holmes

john hamilton "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> We have a Medion pc that we have just transported to another place and
> when turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged
> into a TV).
>
> It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea
> what's wrong please and what these beeps might mean?

Reseat the video adapter. It probably came a bit loose during
transportation. Happens all the time.

--
<snip>

Bucky Breeder

john hamilton <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:id2hkc$ij3$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> We have a Medion pc that we have just transported to another place and
> when turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged
> into a TV).
>
> It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea
> what's wrong please and what these beeps might mean?

Power the PC down; fasten a static electricity strap from
your body parts to an electrical ground; open the case;
gently unseat your video card, then reseat it to a firm
position. You might as well run up to the store and get
a couple of cans of canned air to blow the dust out while
you've got it open. Take care not to vacuum or brush the
components because you could dislodge one of the jumpers
or cross-short a component.

And NEVER NEVER-EVER transport a PC again - without some
professional assistance and a blessing from your priest!

HTH.

--

Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

Repent! The end is near... Or... good luck
with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.