Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Workhorse inkjet?

Re: Workhorse inkjet?

Ferd Berfle

"Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9E3EEDFDC57C9JaneGaltthegulchxyz@216.196.9 7.142...
>I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one and
>THOUGHT
> the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One sounded good.
>
> It has large paper capacity ( was looking for 500 sheets ) and legal sized
> flatbed scanner.
>
> But then I came across a review page that said that it jams frequently and
> was stopping in the middle of printing frequently, to clean the jets.
>
> Is there anything like this that's more reliable than that?
>
> HP used to make such solid printers.

I've a friend using the Lexmark Platinum Pro905 and is very satisfied. Low
ink cost is an added benefit.

Aardvark

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:23:16 -0500, Ferd Berfle wrote:

> I've a friend

Yeah. Right, pondscum.

news:Xns9E3FA5F434C50JaneGaltthegulchxyz@216.196.9 7.142...
> "Ferd Berfle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :
>

>> "Jane_Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9E3EEDFDC57C9JaneGaltthegulchxyz@216.196.9 7.142...
>>>I was looking around for a good SOHO workhorse inkjet all-in-one and
>>>THOUGHT
>>> the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One sounded good.
>>>
>>> It has large paper capacity ( was looking for 500 sheets ) and legal
>>> sized
>>> flatbed scanner.
>>>
>>> But then I came across a review page that said that it jams frequently
>>> and
>>> was stopping in the middle of printing frequently, to clean the jets.
>>>
>>> Is there anything like this that's more reliable than that?
>>>
>>> HP used to make such solid printers.
>>>

>> I've a friend using the Lexmark Platinum Pro905 and is very satisfied.
>> Low
>> ink cost is an added benefit.
>>

> Interesting, thanks Ferd.
>
> Isnt Lexmark made by I Been Mugged though?

IBM sold it in early 90's