Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: UK.. English a foreign language for 80% of pupils in some schools.

Re: UK.. English a foreign language for 80% of pupils in some schools.

Old Gringo38

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:23:19 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:

> $0$28540$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Children who speak English

Speaking a second language opens the doors to a whole new world.

Si usted es parte de la minoría, poner un poco de diversión en su
vida y aprender un segundo idioma.
--
11/29/2010 8:01:42 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Zu Arsschlaark!

"Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:23:19 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
>
>> $0$28540$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Children who speak English

> Speaking a second language opens the doors to a whole new world.
>
> Si usted es parte de la minoría, poner un poco de diversión en su
> vida y aprender un segundo idioma.
> --
> 11/29/2010 8:01:42 AM CST
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

school class a few years ago in england uk
'good morning, class'

a few years in the future in any class in england uk
'alhallah badem lazza in challah'

Hot-Text

Speaking a second language keep wags Down
On the ones who Speak one language!
and you out of all of them here Old Gringo38 should know that!

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:38:14 -0600, Hot-Text wrote:

> Speaking a second language keep wags Down
> On the ones who Speak one language!
> and you out of all of them here Old Gringo38 should know that!
>
> "Old Gringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:23:19 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
>>
>>> $0$28540$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Children who speak English

>> Speaking a second language opens the doors to a whole new world.
>>
>> Si usted es parte de la minoría, poner un poco de diversión en su
>> vida y aprender un segundo idioma.
>> --
>> 11/29/2010 8:01:42 AM CST
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

You leave me at a loss for words, In any Language. <g>
--
11/29/2010 10:00:35 AM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

dadiOH

Old Gringo38 wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:23:19 -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
>
>> $0$28540$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Children who speak English

> Speaking a second language opens the doors to a whole new world.
>
> Si usted es parte de la minoría, poner un poco de diversión en su
> vida y aprender un segundo idioma.

Pienso que seria usar el subjuntivo (algo como el imperativo en este caso)
in lugar de los infinitivos; es decir, "ponga" y "aprenda". Los subjuntivos
son "pon" y "aprende".

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Ian Jackson

In message <4cf40e47$0$6666$(E-Mail Removed)>, dadiOH
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>dadiOH wrote:
>> Old Gringo38 wrote:

>>> Speaking a second language opens the doors to a whole new world.
>>>
>>> Si usted es parte de la minoría, poner un poco de diversión en su
>>> vida y aprender un segundo idioma.

>> Pienso que seria usar el subjuntivo (algo como el imperativo en este
>> caso) in lugar de los infinitivos; es decir, "ponga" y "aprenda". Los
>> subjuntivos son "pon" y "aprende".

>> Pienso que seria *MEJOR*usar...

¿Que?
--
Ian

Old Gringo38

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:33:50 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

>> Pienso que seria *MEJOR*usar...

Probably so, but I learned Spanish in the Bar Room not the School
Room <g>
--
11/29/2010 5:13:45 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

G. Morgan

Old Gringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Probably so, but I learned Spanish in the Bar Room not the School
>Room <g>

Oh no.. I see a new tag line!!

--
You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo

G. Morgan

"Zu Arsschlaark!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>a few years in the future in any class in england uk
>'alhallah badem lazza in challah'

The article said the 2 primary non-English languages are from immigrants from
India and China. Which is surprising because I always understood students in
India were taught English from day-1 in school. China announced last week that
it would mandate English lessons in it's schools too, citing "English is the
language of commerce".

It's also the de-facto official language for all international pilots. No
speekie English, -no landie at International airports.