Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How dare they give away free music!

Reply
Thread Tools

How dare they give away free music!

 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ria...-free-musi,48/

An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
free music"!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:

> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
>
> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
> them to "give away free music"!


Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?

Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

--
-bts
-spoof v: make a parody of. Mockery, lampoon, charade, put-on.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
>
>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
>>
>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
>> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
>> them to "give away free music"!

>
> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
>
> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.


did you note the date?
not exactly news is it?
I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
richard the *disastrously* sto0pid wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
>>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
>>>
>>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
>>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
>>> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
>>> them to "give away free music"!

>>
>> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
>>
>> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

>
> did you note the date?


Who cares what the date is? It's "The Onion."

> not exactly news is it?
> I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their
> demands more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.


It's true!!! You do NOT know what The Onion is! Dammit, Bullis .. it
is a SPOOF site, and always has been. Sheesh!

--
-bts
-In a broadband world, you are just a dialup
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
Evan Platt wrote:

>"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
>>
>> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

>
> I don't believe he does. In another group, someone posted a link to a
> Onion article about basically Obama trashing the high speed rail
> idea, and going for High Speed Buses.
> <http://www.theonion.com/video/obama-replaces-costly-highspeed-rail-plan-with-hig,18473/>
>
> bullshit bullis then started picking apart why he didn't think the
> plan would work.


<LOL!> It figures...

<http://www.theonion.com/faq/#faq-editorial>
"The Onion is a satirical weekly publication published 52 times a year
on Thursdays."

"The Onion uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases where
public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is
accidental and coincidental."

--
-bts
-Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
 
Reply With Quote
 
NormanM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:12:44 -0700, richard wrote:

> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
> network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
> free music"!


Unbelievable! That you don't understand what this "Onion" web site is, not
that they reported something which never actually happened, nor could
happen. (Radio stations pay royalties to air music.)

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
 
Reply With Quote
 
Desk Rabbit
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
On 29/11/2010 04:13, richard wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/riaa-sues-radio-stations-for-giving-away-free-musi,48/>
>>>
>>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
>>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire
>>> national network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for
>>> them to "give away free music"!

>>
>> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
>>
>> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

>
> did you note the date?
> not exactly news is it?
> I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
> more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.


ROFL! You complete and utter ****ing moron!


 
Reply With Quote
 
n0i
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
On 11/28/2010 10:12 PM, richard wrote:
> http://www.theonion.com/articles/ria...-free-musi,48/
>
> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
> network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
> free music"!


You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up ****
for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...

n0i
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Yetto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
n0i <thunderstruck_n0i@live> writes and having writ moves on.
>On 11/28/2010 10:12 PM, richard wrote:
>> http://www.theonion.com/articles/ria...-free-musi,48/
>>
>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes.
>> The RIAA really jumps on the bandwagon and goes after the entire national
>> network of broadcasters. Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away
>> free music"!


> You're kidding, right? The Onion is a spoof site. They make up ****
>for a living to be funny. Nothing there is serious...


Well, so does RtS.

Mike "at least that's the end result" Yetto
--
In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice they are not.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2010
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:13:37 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:54:49 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> richard the extremely sto0pid wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.theonion.com/articles/ria...ns-for-giving-

away-free-musi,48/>
>>>
>>> An oldie but a goodie as the saying goes. The RIAA really jumps on the
>>> bandwagon and goes after the entire national network of broadcasters.
>>> Claiming that it is illegal for them to "give away free music"!

>>
>> Oh. Come. On. Are you reporting that article as *NEWS*?
>>
>> Do you know what The Onion is? Your post indicates that you don't.

>
> did you note the date?
> not exactly news is it?
> I figure with the BS the RIAA is still handing out making their demands
> more obnoxious than ever, this fits right in with it.


Does the word 'satire' ring any bells, sto0pid?



--
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Why does it worth sun to give java sdk away for free? levilista@gmail.com Java 16 04-10-2007 08:02 PM
DVDs to give away for free. Yannick Thibodeau Computer Support 3 06-18-2005 07:24 PM
Free FISH TO GIVE AWAY!!! New GlasGow Jay Mcginn Computer Support 6 02-08-2004 11:59 PM
they turn, they power, they make nice pics Keith and Jenn Z. Digital Photography 0 09-21-2003 04:16 AM



Advertisments