Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

HD Freeview PVR Recorders.

victor

On 14/12/2010 4:54 p.m., Dave Doe wrote:
> In article<ie6j0c$qjc$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
> victor says...

>>> The taxpayer does not equal the government. If people want to watch
>>> Parliament TV, then they should pay to watch it. Forcing everyone to pay for
>>> it whether they watch it or not is not fair.

>> It isn't a pay per view service.

> That's right, it's worse. Pay even if you don't watch it. Just like
> Freeview - it's government funded, ie the taxpayer pays for it -
> regardless of whether you have it or not.

Freeview is a joint venture company according to the website.
What proportion of it is government funded ?

Dave Doe

In article <ie77cc$l5i$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, (E-Mail Removed),
victor says...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freevie...aland)#Finance

--
Duncan.

Richard

On 14/12/2010 1:55 p.m., William Brown wrote:
> Nothing is Fair in NZ, we have the highest food prices in most of the
> Weston world, 2 times the price of milk than the USA and very poor heath
> standard for children as the fees are far to high, my doctor puts his
> feeds up some 6-8% a year, plus they charge for Babes.

So leave

> And this Useless government does not do a thing about, plus no
> redundancy payments when a firm goes broke, not like the UK system that
> is run by the government, companies pay into a government consolidated
> funds, redundancy payments are then paid out by the government.

Again, leave

Richard

On 14/12/2010 8:44 p.m., victor wrote:

> Freeview is a joint venture company according to the website.
> What proportion of it is government funded ?

They gave tvnz a crapload for that joke that is tvnz6, 7 is sometimes
useful, if only they would sort out their overnight service so it wasnt
only using the middle of the screen and didnt have the text size so
large that you barely get half an article on.

Its digital TV, there is no need for it to be 4:3 safe with large text
to get by on old inferior reception and CRT's.

victor

On 15/12/2010 1:17 a.m., Richard wrote:
> On 14/12/2010 8:44 p.m., victor wrote:
>

>> Freeview is a joint venture company according to the website.
>> What proportion of it is government funded ?

> They gave tvnz a crapload for that joke that is tvnz6, 7 is sometimes
> useful, if only they would sort out their overnight service so it wasnt
> only using the middle of the screen and didnt have the text size so
> large that you barely get half an article on.
>
> Its digital TV, there is no need for it to be 4:3 safe with large text
> to get by on old inferior reception and CRT's.

Yeah, but that is going to change inevitably.

Richard

On 15/12/2010 10:01 a.m., Robert Cooze wrote:

> Problem is this the New freview box he has just bought you can record
> two channels and watch a third no problem there. But although the aerial
> is looped from the freview box to the freview TV the digital freview TV
> refuses to work with the aerial that way. is this normal?
> or is it a feature that renders the TV tuner part useless on the TV?

If your signal is marginal, then yes. Normally no.

> It is no skin off my nose they are both deaf and have the tv up way too
> loud and high pitched for me to be in the room for very long and trying
> to fault find is a night mare as he swiched channels so fast and swaps
> plugs around at the pace of one a second

Perhaps some wireless headphones would be a good idea for xmas?

William Brown

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:15:24 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 14/12/2010 1:55 p.m., William Brown wrote:
>> Nothing is Fair in NZ, we have the highest food prices in most of the
>> Weston world, 2 times the price of milk than the USA and very poor heath
>> standard for children as the fees are far to high, my doctor puts his
>> feeds up some 6-8% a year, plus they charge for Babes.

>So leave
>
>> And this Useless government does not do a thing about, plus no
>> redundancy payments when a firm goes broke, not like the UK system that
>> is run by the government, companies pay into a government consolidated
>> funds, redundancy payments are then paid out by the government.

>Again, leave

What a Dumb Stupid reply, No brain I see.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article <ie4t72$u38$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: (snip)
>>> Hi def surround sound ! Agreed.
>>> For me, everything 'reality' (it isn't ofcourse ... that really
>>> would be
>>> boring ) is a waste of space. Ditto sport (I remain pleased that
>>> sky
>>> bought up heaps of sport - they are welcome to it ). They are all
>>> cheap
>>> to make and yes, nasty IMO. Soaps likewise. That leaves about 10 %
>>> of stuff
>>> that I *might* be interested in I reckon.

>> Yep, I totally agree. Of that 10% that *could* be worth watching
>> perhaps one programme in 50 *is* (and so is likely to be cancelled
>> or moved mid-series).

> Yeah. That has happened twice in the last year to me. Something shows
> great
> promise and is canned mid series. <sigh>

Damned annoying huh? I gave up on broadcast TV after trying to watch Dexter.
First it was taken off mid-series (as the numbers weren't high enough), then
it was swapped to another channel... By the time series one had screened
here series three was long finished in the US. <shrug> It doesn't bother me
anymore.
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche