Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Chrome cannot connect to the internet....???

Google Chrome cannot connect to the internet....???

Melissa Davidson

Hi... I am having all kinds of problems with the Google Chrome
browser. Whenever I try and view any webpages... I get the following
error message.

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

Now... I have IE, Opera and have had Firefox in the past and have
never had any of these issues with any of the other browsers. I have
a "cable" internet connection and use a router. I am only about 15
feet from my router so the problem is definitly specific to "Chrome".

Any ideas why Chrome might be hjaving problems connecting where all of
the others do not?

Thank you

Melissa

Mike Easter

Melissa Davidson wrote:
> Hi... I am having all kinds of problems with the Google Chrome
> browser.

I don't think you have made the correct 'Chrome' analysis correctly yet,
and I /know/ that you have not presented enough information for us to
see the picture yet.

> Whenever I try and view any webpages... I get the following
> error message.
>
> Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

Your headers tell me that you are currently connected via comcast using
Win7 + Opera 9.80 browser on GG.

There is a thread in the google help group about your error which thread
contains 144 answers and a vote about how many people found the various
answers helpful http://bit.ly/61cUE5 Help forum > Google Chrome >
Webpage Display Issues > Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED):
Unknown error

Within the various answers including the 'best' answer which was about
having a Proxy server checked are references to a helpful google chrome
not available" (Network errors 2, 102, 104, and 105)

That article discusses several different kinds of problems and the
strategies for resolving them, checking for malware, clearing cookies,
allowing chrome in your AV and firewall settings, and adjusting the
proxy settings which was the favorite answer in the above thread at GG.

> Now... I have IE, Opera and have had Firefox in the past and have
> never had any of these issues with any of the other browsers. I have
> a "cable" internet connection and use a router. I am only about 15
> feet from my router so the problem is definitly specific to "Chrome".
>
> Any ideas why Chrome might be hjaving problems connecting where all of
> the others do not?

One example would be if chrome had its proxy setting 'wrong' and the
others didn't.

In addition to lots and lots of 'answers' and references to your
specific question - the thread link above has 144 comments - over in the
right column of that link are 10 more 'related discussions' with
various additional replies and answers.

--
Mike Easter

Google Chrome OS, Odds are stacked against Chrome OS's success Max Burke NZ Computing 1 07-11-2009 04:38 AM
Google Chrome crashes on Windows XP x64 Jean-Baptiste Faure Windows 64bit 12 12-23-2008 01:10 PM
Google Chrome JohnO NZ Computing 2 09-07-2008 12:40 AM
Google's new Chrome browser Roedy Green Java 32 09-06-2008 08:50 AM
Google Chrome Browser - Very Early Observations cwdjrxyz HTML 7 09-03-2008 12:51 PM

Advertisments