Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copyright Crackdown

Copyright Crackdown

Mike Easter

richard wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> richard wrote:
>>
>>> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss".
>>> Mind telling me where I can find one?

>> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his own.

> FYI, idiot,

I don't understand why you are calling me an idiot while you are the one
who can't find the copy and I can.

Is there something wrong with you?

I didn't say a word about copyright and you are carrying on about it and
acting rude and calling names.

--
Mike Easter

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> Copyright law says I can make copies for my personal use. Now I can
> legally give those copies away, but I can't sell those copies. that,
> mon ami, is copyright infringement.

I don't know how many times you've been told this. Lots.

You can make a copy of a work you purchased, for backup.
You can give it, or sell it, *original+backup* to anyone.
However, you *cannot* retain either the original or the backup for
yourself. *This* is what is copyright infringement.
It does not matter if you give it away, or sell it.

Now, how long will you retain this info this time? (Until you post
another sto0pid "copyright" thread next month?)

--
-bts
-In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

Meat Plow

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:32:46 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:53:38 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:
>
>> richard wrote:
>>
>>> I want an actual 45 copy of mary wells "It's in his kiss". Mind
>>> telling me where I can find one?

>> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his
>> own.
>>
>> Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
>> having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for
>> the current thing you want.
>>
>> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

> FYI, idiot, many of the record labels that were in existance in the
> sixties have long gone into the history books. Mary Wells was but one of
> thousands of artists who were never paid a dime. The guy who owned her
> record label literally ran off with not only the profits, but the
> records as well.
>
> I personally know of a guy that happened to. It just so happened I was
> given a copy of his record. When he told me what happened, he wanted the
> copy as that would be the only one he ever had.
>
> Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
> violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.
>
> When you buy a CD in a store, that is perfectly legal. But when you buy
> a copy from a website, is it legal? How do I know I'm not paying for a
> pirated copy?

Your the idiot. if the site is legit they pay a royalty fee to the owner
of the music.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
> violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.

You've probably missed all the advertising about the Beatles' tunes now
being available on iTunes. You gonna sue 'em for copyright infringement?
Wake up. A deal was made with the copyright owner to iTunes, and yes, it
is legal.

--
-bts

richard

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:51:15 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:32:46 -0700, richard wrote:

>>> I think it is part of the duty of the free media hunter to find his
>>> own.
>>>
>>> Part of the way you learn how to find the next thing you want is from
>>> having searched for the last thing you wanted and from searching for
>>> the current thing you want.
>>>
>>> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

>> FYI, idiot, many of the record labels that were in existance in the
>> sixties have long gone into the history books. Mary Wells was but one of
>> thousands of artists who were never paid a dime. The guy who owned her
>> record label literally ran off with not only the profits, but the
>> records as well.
>>
>> I personally know of a guy that happened to. It just so happened I was
>> given a copy of his record. When he told me what happened, he wanted the
>> copy as that would be the only one he ever had.
>>
>> Most music sites today, if the copyright law is adhered too, is in
>> violation. Specially if they charge for the copy.
>>
>> When you buy a CD in a store, that is perfectly legal. But when you buy
>> a copy from a website, is it legal? How do I know I'm not paying for a
>> pirated copy?

> Your << you're >> the idiot. if the site is legit they pay a royalty fee to the owner
> of the music.

and just how is one to pay royalties to an owner who does not exist?

M.L.

>>> The more successful searching you do, the better you get to be at it.

>> There are a great many things that do not now and will not ever again
>> exist in their original physical form.

>If you listen to the ogg or the mp3 of that song here^1, you can 'hear'
>that the digital sampling was ripped from a needle tracking a vinyl
>groove and then cleaned up digitally to eliminate 'record noises'.
>
>^1 http://www.archive.org/details/MaryWells-01-50

That site has misattributed a lot of songs to Mary Wells that were in
fact sung by others.

Baby It's You - The Shirelles
It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song) - Betty Everett
Don't Mess With Bill - The Marvelettes
You Really Got A Hold On Me - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

In fact I don't think most of the songs in that list were sung by
Wells.

G. Morgan

Mike Easter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I don't understand why you are calling me an idiot while you are the one
>who can't find the copy and I can.
>
>Is there something wrong with you?
>
>I didn't say a word about copyright and you are carrying on about it and
>acting rude and calling names.

He did the same thing to me yesterday.

--
You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo

iL_weReo

On Nov 27, 1:21*pm, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:
> >http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...0763-homeland-

> security-dept-seizes-domain-names-
>
> Illegal downloads of music have wrecked the recording industry.
>
> But I think DHS *should be chasing illegal immigrants first.
>
> --
> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

The question is, who the **** would be stupid enough to BUY any music
downloads now that "the highpoint of the evening is here" Nuclear
Warrior and the California Jam Wereo and the Lifshine? I am the only
one who matters in music and film and sports, thank you.

Artcinco

In article <z1CIo.45931$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"WeReo_BoY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:34:01 -0500, olfart wrote:
> >
> >> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...meland-securit
> >> y-dept-seizes-domain-names-

> > More misleading journalism. The copyright issues seem to be more with
> > fraudulently made and imported goods rather than music. The 3 sites
> > mentioned were all registered in china.
> >
> > I don't believe ICE and DHS has the authority to crack down on copyright
> > issues as that falls into another department. But hey, those DHS assholes
> > will do anything to get their names mentioned.
> >

> You're a douchebag, you're a scumbag.

...and u r an AIDS INFECTED ASS CANCER'd DISEADED PEDOPHILE

Aardvark

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:47:40 -0600, M.L. wrote:

> It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song) - Betty Everett

Nope. Merry Clayton recorded the original. She also sang backing on the
Rolling Stones track 'Gimme Shelter', later releasing an album of her own
by that name, and containing her own (pretty good) version of the song.

You can also hear her voice on Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Sweet Home Alabama',
among her many credits.

Greece in new crackdown on smokers and tobacco ads Zulus Vulva Digital Photography 3 09-03-2010 04:20 PM
Crackdown on sleazy image-manipulation RichA Digital Photography 1 12-02-2009 09:40 AM
Youtube copyright infringements are not all bad for the copyright holders? Colin B Digital Photography 195 01-19-2007 09:00 AM
crackdown neville Computer Support 0 04-30-2005 06:49 PM
VHDL/Software copyright questions Bob VHDL 4 09-08-2004 11:03 AM

Advertisments