Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Export multiple datagrids on web page to Excel

Export multiple datagrids on web page to Excel

Steve Chatham

I need to export multiple datagrids (where we have a drill-through web
application) into an Excel workbook. For instance, when you click on the
first datagrid, you get a subset of the sql table. Subsequent clicks on
those items in the table further filter the request, until you go from a
business area down to a single SKU.

Thus far, I have gotten it to work, but there have been size issues (I
guess, as smaller files seem to do okay), that in Excel I get an "Unable to
open file" after it's been saved as an excel workbook.

I've been trying the example here:

http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles/articleid78.aspx

but cannot get it to work, as it only seems to return a blank page now.

Has anyone done an application like this? Any advice/guidance/help
appreciated.

Thanks,

SC